Broke down and emailed my ex girlfriend then stopped myself and apologized then she called why didn't she just ignore me?

going to make this short my ex broke up with me after an argument asking for space to figure if she loves me. After I broke down and did everything you can do wrong after a breakup for a month. She seemed to be with someone and when I went to get my belongings the new guy was at the house so I went into a jealous rage and said some hurtful things. She text me saying that she is not with him and is just friends also saying she doesn't want to be with anyone. But i know she is with him cuz she will call me in his phone.So I just let it go then a month of no contact I broke down and emailed her saying I missed her and want her back. Then later that day I realized I did something I was working so hard not to do so I emailed her saying that I am sorry i did what I did and that I need to stop myself before I become what I didn't want to be and corrected myself. Later that I night I get a call from her telling me to stop emailing her I'm guessing she didn't read the last messages I sent so I said I understand and hanged up. I feel like I handled it well and I'm going to keep doing the right thing from now on. I just want to know why didn't she just simply ignore me instead of taking the time to call me?

11