How to get over someone you never had? Cut them out of your life?

Things never really got going with this girl and now she is with someone else. I have huge regrets with her as I really thought things would work out- always thought that whats for you won't pass you but didn't pan out so good for me. Anyway, I cannot bear the thought of them together so Im thinking of just cutting her out of my life to give myself a chance to make a fresh start and get over her for good. I can't stay friends with her and watch her with someone and always want more so I think its my only option even though when I think about never seeing or talking to her again really gets me down.

Has this ever happened to anyone else?

63

Most Helpful Girl

• I think this has happened with a lot of people, myself included. I understand where you're coming from. The pain is too much to keep talking to her or keep contact with her. I think cutting her out of your life, as painful as it may be, will be the best thing. If you keep her in your life, you'll never be able to move on because the thought that she may have feelings for you in the future or that she'll break up with her partner will always linger. It will only be toxic to your future relationships with women because you'll always be wondering about what it would be like to date her. If you don't end it now, you'll only be hurting yourself and your future with other women. Best of luck to you.

Most Helpful Guy

• This is normal, it happens.
    If you can't take it that she has someone else, you have your answer, cut her out of your life and focus on your self, go be happy.
    Not sure what you mean with cutting someone out of your life though, all contact? If think thats necessary, go ahead, don't let that suck your happiness away, life's short.