Why did YOU break up with someone?

whether male or female I'd like to know some reasons why you chose to end a relationship.

68

Most Helpful Girl

• The only person I ever broke up with was because I couldn't handle the crazy anymore. He had several mental issues and in the beginning I felt I could deal. But the longer we were together the harder it was (one was bipolar) and he refused to take meds. I told him if he didn't want the meds he needed to at least see someone regularly to work on the things that were the worst. He refused to do that as well.
    I would have gladly stayed had he tried to at least work on his problems. But he refused. And I refused to keep giving him get out of jail free cards over things that he could control in some way if he wanted. It just came down to he wanted to do whatever he wanted and "blame" anything anyone didn't like on his mental problems. Not ok.

• It's so sad when people with mental difficulties refuse to get proper treatment :( If you had a broken leg would you refuse to go to the doctor? Why is your brain any different.