Why did YOU break up with someone?

whether male or female I'd like to know some reasons why you chose to end a relationship.

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• The only person I ever broke up with was because I couldn't handle the crazy anymore. He had several mental issues and in the beginning I felt I could deal. But the longer we were together the harder it was (one was bipolar) and he refused to take meds. I told him if he didn't want the meds he needed to at least see someone regularly to work on the things that were the worst. He refused to do that as well.
    I would have gladly stayed had he tried to at least work on his problems. But he refused. And I refused to keep giving him get out of jail free cards over things that he could control in some way if he wanted. It just came down to he wanted to do whatever he wanted and "blame" anything anyone didn't like on his mental problems. Not ok.

0|0
    0|0
    • It's so sad when people with mental difficulties refuse to get proper treatment :( If you had a broken leg would you refuse to go to the doctor? Why is your brain any different.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• I just did last night after a wicked panic attack. In the end I think I need to understand a little bit more about what I want in a new partner.
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q989021-just-broke-up-with-someone-for-the-first-time-in-my-life-at-45-years

0|0
    0|0
  • didn't like who they really were.

or they got clingy, possessive and jealous. i have lots of female friends, it's just who i am, doesn't mean i want to bone all of them.

0|1
    0|0
  • We had a lot in common. We used to hug each other. Cuddle with each other. And we also used to share all of our deepest secrets with each other. But one day, i realised that her limbs were tearing-apart. I tried to stitch them up but still she was not ready for it. I thought that i would not be able to make her feel happy anymore. So, i sold her off to a charity shop.

She was my only lover. My teddy bear Elizabeth.

1|0
    1|0
  • I was cheated on. That is the only time I broke up with someone without it being mutual. I've stopped talking to a couple because of games but I know that's not a break-up just losing interest.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because I just want to. I no longer feel there is a need other than whim or an elongated proposition.

0|0
    0|0
    • Now that I think about it I really should wait until I wake up to answer questions. "did". I've never actually had the privilege of abandoning a relationship. Hm.

• For breakups I initiated... first one was because she kept cheating on me. I gave it multiple chances but once she told me she could cheat on me and I'd never even know I knew it was time to ultimately move on.

The other breakup was my last relationship I think like... 2 years ago. She had no car and I gave it a chance thinking it was only temporary but once I saw my gas bills skyrocketing because of the weekends and her flipping out on me for not wanting to see her more than once a week when we already spent at least an hour on the phone daily I knew I couldn't keep it going like that. The major thing that made me realize it was that she eventually told me she wasn't getting a car for at least 2 years and said things like how she couldn't be bothered to get oil changes and such. So knowing it woulda been two years of my gas bills going and how she only gave me a little money for gas once for all through the time we spent together I knew I was going to get freeloaded.

0|0
    0|0
    • Dumped for a car! That's the first I've ever heard of that.. but now that you mention it my ex didn't drive and it reeeaaally got on my nerves :p How far did you guys live? I always thought it was a guys job to drive places...

• Well basically she lived with her parents so we couldn't hang out there with any privacy too. Plus they were "forbidding" her from going to my place which meant she had to lie. On top of that, 30min there, then 30min back to my place (+toll). Then I had to bring her back... add another hour + toll. This was highway travel. Then she'd want to do this more than once a week and get mad at me when I did not want to.

• mine was she was controlling. Multi call, multi text, multi question. she complained I helped my aged mother, and my friends who needed help with little things (she was very and extremely jealous)

0|0
    0|0
  • cheating on me

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• Because he was fairly crazy. He would drive by my house to make sure my car was there... Same goes for my work. He had really stupid "rules" like I wasn't allowed to go to parties without him, I wasn't allowed to drink more than once a week, if I was going to see a male friend I needed "supervision", and he wanted me to call him when I left/arrived home or to school/work. Not to make sure I was okay, but to keep tabs on me. Nothing was ever enough. So I realized it didn't matter how much I complied and tried to show him he could trust me.

And he was a crier. Oh my god I have never seen a guy cry so much.

0|0
    1|0
    • I had an ex like this!! he doesn't see you as a person, but as an object. His object :(

• Show All
    • Well other then the Male friend thing what the hell did he think he was your owner?
      If you respected him at all as a partner you would not see a male friend without him. that is a big issue with most guys.
      and exactly how bad was the crying? I never cried about anything...until I got into a different kind of therapy when my marriage broke down. these last 2 years of trying to save my marriage, and getting into touch with feelings I never thought I had...
      sometimes I see a certain commercial on the TV and I start to cry. I don't break down bawling but tears will come...

• Well it's not like I would spend tons of times with male friends... I'm just talking about a quick lunch here and there. I shouldn't have to ask permission to have lunch with someone. I respected him as a partner and didn't care if he wanted to come along but he was unreasonable about it and would say I couldn't go without him but then refuse to go. As for the crying, I don't care if a guy cries, in fact it's totally fine! But he used it as a manipulation tactic to tug on my heart strings and make me feel guilty about everything. I mean everything. I'm not some cold-hearted bitch, but you can only be SO compassionate before you're simply enabling someone.

• He stopped spending time with me and made tons of excuses as to why he wasn't spending time with me and I knew most of the excuses weren't true so I ended it.

0|0
    0|0
  • not compatible, or we had lost the sparks

1|0
    0|0
  • I end relationship because he doesn't pay attention to me. There's always an excuse about something, he works long hours, does not call or text when he say he will. and doesn't sex me the way I want. That opens wounds to go and finding it somewhere else.

0|0
    0|0
  • because i thought he wouldn't like me after he saw me naked.

0|0
    0|0
    • :( I get afraid of that too, I think most people do... some guys are worth the risk though :)

Recommended myTakes