My now ex boyfriend does some maintance work for me at my business should I keep him on as staff or do I get rid of him?

My now ex boyfriend does some maintance work for me at my business should I keep him on as staff or do I get rid of him? He does things like pluming, painting, electrical work, and what ever else that needs to be done to keep up with the maintance of the gyms. so far I have not had to see him, but I am sure at some point I will. He broke up with me just less then a month ago. I know that he has been in their because he just repainted all four bathrooms for me last week.
  • yes fire him he dummped you
    Vote A
  • no dont fire him
    Vote B
  • see how you feel 3 months from now
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah I agree that you shouldn't mix your professional life with your personal life.

But according to me , why do you think people who want to move on prefer no contact after breaking up?

And don't hesitate to do it after knowing what he has done to you/behaved towards you before.
    But only if you have some valid reasons to fire him because I know US government laws are pretty strict.
    Hope this helps.
    Good Luck :)

0|0
    0|0
    • Thanks for MH :)

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• You are talking about a work situation. Keep the personal out of it. If you fired him, he might have pretty good grounds for suing you on sexual discrimination issues.

0|0
    0|0
    • he couldn't afford a lawyer and my dads a lawyer. as of right now I don't plan on firing him, but I just wanted other peoples opinion. he only works part time while he has a full time job, but you made a good point.

• Ideally, business decisions and relationship quarrels shouldn't mix.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't be petty.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't be petty. Separate business from pleasure.

0|0
    0|0
    • I have one gym in PA and one gym in Jersey and he does more work for me at the PA gym then the gym in Nj even though they are 90 minuets away. I try and spend more time at the NJ because I grew up in NJ, but tonight I am leaving for PA where he still lives and am there until Thursday afternoon. I don't stay at our old apartment with him that would be odd and he kicked me out.

• Right, but firing him?

• Lucky Bast...
    Well kick him out.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• be professional...private life should not mix with work

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes