Why do guys go MIA with their friends after a break up?

My last boyfriend broke up with me just about a month ago and two of is friends haven't heard from him since we broke up. why do guys go MIA? I am not sure why he broke up with me and it came out of no where. we had sex the night before and he told me that morning that he loves me and would see me at lunch time. Almost every day we saw each other at lunch.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Many of them are crying or depressed and don't want their friends to know how much the break up affected them.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• I do not go "MIA". In fact, my friends see more of me since I now do not have to spend time with my lady-friend. It's nice to have a distraction as well. Not sure why a guy would avoid his friends in such a situation.

0|0
    0|0
  • Seems to me that he's trying to heal himself from something.But maybe it could be something else.

They're called EX for a reason and if they wouldn't appreciate us in their lives then why should we want to do the same? ^_^

0|0
    0|0
    • he works for me part time still and is still getting work done so he isn't sick.

• That does't necessarily mean they are sick physically.
      Most people went MIA if they faced large emotional trauma before.
      If you get my point :)

• Yes I get your point and he's sick in the head! I can say that because I doubt he is on here.

• Did you hear the song Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls? That's why.

0|0
    0|0
  • I went absolutely nuts after my last breakup. I was okay for a few days and then just drank myself into stupidity. If you needed to find me, I was at the bar down the street. I absolutely lost my mind.

0|0
    0|0
    • I can relate I am a recovered alcoholic and I drank for 4 days straight and its a good thing I work 4 myself.

• I haven't drank to excess in awhile, but I've had 2 bad breakups and went straight to drinking after both.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes