My boyfriend is divorced, is this normal behavior for a divorcee?

I have been dating my boyfriend for a few months now and things are going good for the most part. Three years ago he got married and six months into the relationship she left him (seemingly for another man) and filed for divorce. The divorce took three years to finalize and a few weeks after it was official; my boyfriend met me and we started dating. He has met my family and they all love him; but he won't mention me to any of his family members, simply saying that he is afraid they will judge him for dating so soon. This seemed odd to me. Then we went out on a date the other night and his ex wife was at the restaurant we were at. My boyfriend asked if we could leave and I had no problem with that; so we went somewhere else. He was very moody during dinner and I wasn't sure if I should give him space or talk to him; I opted to stay quiet. This upset him immensely; and he said he wanted me to distract him from his bad mood. The next day he didn't want to see or talk to me at all; and I felt really bad. The day after that, I had exciting news about work that I wanted to share with him and he said he just wanted to be antisocial. I wanted him to be there for me and had to practically beg him to come over and hear my news. He ended up agreeing and coming over. He picked me up and we started talking about my news and afterwards I apologized for not being there for him the other night. He said it was ok and that it just made him wonder if he is ready for a relationship. I got really quiet and figured he was breaking up with me. He told me that he didn't want to break up; but that he has things he needs to work on with his demons and that I need to work on my own. (my self esteem) he said that we will work on our issues separately but support eachother and still be a couple. Today I saw him and he was the happiest I've seen him and we had a great day together. Though I'm not complaining; it made me wonder if his behavior and insecurities are normal or if I'm overreacting.

10