If two people can be friends right after a break was their relationship ever serious?

I think that if two people still speak immediately after a break up, their relationship wasn't that serious (assuming that they've broken up and want to remain that way).
What do you think?

45

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think so... My ex and I are still very close. We were together over 4 years and it was the most serious and intense relationship I have ever had. I think it has more to do with your compatibility, level of maturity, circle of friends, and what left over resentment/bitterness/hate there is after the break up. It is rare that you remain friends with an ex, but I don't think the seriousness of that relationship has much to do with it.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• When I broke up with my ex we were walking home together and after i broke up with him he walked 2 metres ahead of me the rest of the way and didn't speak to me. Awkward.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE