If two people can be friends right after a break was their relationship ever serious?

I think that if two people still speak immediately after a break up, their relationship wasn't that serious (assuming that they've broken up and want to remain that way).
What do you think?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think so... My ex and I are still very close. We were together over 4 years and it was the most serious and intense relationship I have ever had. I think it has more to do with your compatibility, level of maturity, circle of friends, and what left over resentment/bitterness/hate there is after the break up. It is rare that you remain friends with an ex, but I don't think the seriousness of that relationship has much to do with it.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• When I broke up with my ex we were walking home together and after i broke up with him he walked 2 metres ahead of me the rest of the way and didn't speak to me. Awkward.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• No, I don't think so. That would seem to indicate that neither party feels like they've lost all that much.

1|0
    0|0
  • I object. My ex gf (who I was with for over 3 years) wanted us to be friends after the break up, and so did a girl I dated for 1 month.

0|0
    0|0
    • well each relationship is different so I guess it depends on the people who are involved

• Yes, exactly.

• It depends on the breakup. If it was mutual and both parties think a break is in their best interest then it could have been real.

0|0
    0|0
  • No it wasn't.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• Well I can't say that I've ever even talked to any of my exes that I was in a serious relationship with again after we broke up, so probably it wasn't that serious.

0|0
    0|0
  • I agree. No relationship that was serious would be ok to be just friends again.

0|0
    0|0
  • The saying says If you can you still love them or you never really did

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes