Is cheating a deal breaker for you?

If your boyfriend/husband cheated on you, would you leave?

To some it depends on the circumstances of the cheating, if you're married, if you have kids, etc.

To me, once you cheat on me, you're out of my life forever. I don't care how sorry you are. I don't care if we have kids. We can co-parent, but I respect myself too much to let you walk all over me and then get a free pass because I made the mistake of letting you knock me up.

So far, I've been in three relationships and have not been cheated on. One ended when we went to college, one ended in college because his friends got between us and convinced him that he should be single with them so that they can all pick up tail together (He was a dick but at least he left before he cheated). and my current boyfriend and I are very happy and are both on the same page about infidelity.

What are your thoughts?
  • I would never forgive a cheater
  • I would forgive a cheater
  • depends on the circumstances: explain.
    Vote C
if you've cheated before does that affect your decision? would you be more likely to be lenient or less likely to be forgiving because of it? (i've never cheated, in case anyone asks)

89

Most Helpful Guy

• I can't say I've ever been cheated on as far as i know lol but i imagine if i was i'd dump her immediately because it only showed me she doesn't care enough about me to stay faithful, i wouldn't stay with her because if she's capable of cheating on me once she could do it again as easily, relationships are all about trust if i can't trust her then whats the point? I do realize there are people who would take them back but i don't believe id be one of them.

Most Helpful Girl

• Always a deal breaker. There are no excuses. Cheating is always wrong, and bluntly put, anyone who forgives a cheater is weak. Period.