Is cheating a deal breaker for you?

If your boyfriend/husband cheated on you, would you leave?

To some it depends on the circumstances of the cheating, if you're married, if you have kids, etc.

To me, once you cheat on me, you're out of my life forever. I don't care how sorry you are. I don't care if we have kids. We can co-parent, but I respect myself too much to let you walk all over me and then get a free pass because I made the mistake of letting you knock me up.

So far, I've been in three relationships and have not been cheated on. One ended when we went to college, one ended in college because his friends got between us and convinced him that he should be single with them so that they can all pick up tail together (He was a dick but at least he left before he cheated). and my current boyfriend and I are very happy and are both on the same page about infidelity.

What are your thoughts?
  • I would never forgive a cheater
    Vote A
  • I would forgive a cheater
    Vote B
  • depends on the circumstances: explain.
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
if you've cheated before does that affect your decision? would you be more likely to be lenient or less likely to be forgiving because of it? (i've never cheated, in case anyone asks)

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I can't say I've ever been cheated on as far as i know lol but i imagine if i was i'd dump her immediately because it only showed me she doesn't care enough about me to stay faithful, i wouldn't stay with her because if she's capable of cheating on me once she could do it again as easily, relationships are all about trust if i can't trust her then whats the point? I do realize there are people who would take them back but i don't believe id be one of them.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Always a deal breaker. There are no excuses. Cheating is always wrong, and bluntly put, anyone who forgives a cheater is weak. Period.

1|3
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• I chose I would forgive the cheater, but I would never forget; and most definitely would not continue that relationship.
    I've been cheated on, and it is lousy.
    But to be honest, I'll never have the regret of not knowing concerning effort in relationships; whereas cheaters most likely have low self esteem/self worth.

If I had kids with a horrible woman like this, I would get custody and replace her with a good woman

0|0
    0|0
  • Cheating's a one-and-done thing with me. I would never cheat in a million years, and I expect nothing less in return.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yup. Fuckem.
    If he/she truly loved you, that should be enough to stop someone from cheating.

1|0
    0|0
  • I can forgive many things, but cheating is NOT one of them. If you betray me we are done, end of story.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've know girls who cheat, im still friends with them but I'll never consider them for a relationship. And if they get a new bf/gf i dont say a word

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd forgive the cheating, but it would end the relationship.

0|0
    0|0
    • haha i wouldn't let the cheater off the hook by assuaging his guilt. he can live with that shit. and i'll move on to a better person who values me as much as i value them.

• You ask for my forgiveness, you can have it, but you want my trust, you have to earn it. Cheating sets you in the red a million times over.

• Dealerbreaker for sure.

1|0
    0|0
  • 100%. See ya.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 7

• It would depend. The extent of cheating the other person did is the depending factor and how willing they will prove to me they can be trustworthy again.

0|0
    0|0
  • i'd kick him to the curb and on to the next...that's something I wouldn't tolerate no matter what the circumstance.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would never be able to forgive a cheater. Once a cheater always a cheater. I can remain loyal to my partner I want the same loyalty in return.

I would leave the guy regardless of situation.

0|0
    0|0
  • He'd be dead to me. Immediately.

1|2
    0|0
  • Deal breaker and out of my life for good.

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends on the situation.

0|0
    0|0
  • I agree with you

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes