So to sum it up, he broke up with me but keeps giving me hope we'll get back together...?

We broke up about 2 months ago after dating for a year and a half. I gave him space even though im still crazy about him and now he's dating a girl who I always felt like I was in competition with in our relationship. here's the catch. He tells me all of them time that he still has feelings for me and he misses me and all that great stuff but he won't break up with her. but he keeps giving me all of this hope and I keep falling for it :( I know I should move on but I love him and can't .. Why is he doing this?

12

Most Helpful Guy

• Oh yeah, you gotta move on. Cut off all contact. Don't text him, delete him on FB, don't take his calls or listen to his voicemails, etc., etc.

He could be doing it for a variety of reasons. All I know is that if he truly wanted to be with you, then he would be. My guess is that he just likes the idea of keeping you around as a backup. That's just a guess on my part, but it seems likely.