When will my boyfriend file divorce?

My boyfriend said he left his marriage a year ago because he wasn't happy and felt it was a mistake. We been dating a few months but neither one of them (either him or his ex) has filed divorce. When I bring it up he just stays quiet like he doesn't care or wanna talk about it? What could be the reason he hasn't filed if he was done with the relationship? They have no kids or no property together so I don't see why either one has filed yet. I thought after a few months of dating he would at least start divorce proceedings but nothing. Why won't he file already? He seems content not filing.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You should not get involved with someone until their divorce papers have all the necessary ink and that ink has dried.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah he's not going to. A good rule to live by, is don't date until you see the paper that it's filed. I know a girl that has been living with a guy for four years that can't file because "he is too broke". He recently "reconciled" with the wife and left the girlfriend with a rent she cannot afford on her own in her name.
    I also dated a guy once that was seperated and "waiting" for his wife to file first. He broke it off when he decided to move back with his wife as she was 6 months pregnant with his kid (that I knew nothing about). He and I had been together almost a year so figure that one out. Apparently it happened on his "business" trip he was too busy to talk to me on. It was really a family vacation where he got his wife pregnant. It's best to stay away.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 3

• IYour story is exactly Luke mine-_- I waited and waited for him but in the end when he almost got to the point he never did. Worst relationship I had ever had! Leave before you get your feelings involved even more. My opinion. Good luck!

0|0
    0|0
  • He doesn't sound like he's ready for it yet.
    He may regret the decision to split with his wife.
    This is something he's going to have to figure out on his own, if your presence doesn't seem to be having any affect on him or this situation then I don't expect that to change anytime soon. You might want to take a break from this guy for a little while.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah...he's not going to.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes