Should you completely open up to someone before or after your married?

If your in a long term relationship do you completely open up to someone or do you save some of it till your married? We all have pasts and i dont want to tell a girl something that may scare her off; or worse something that she could potentially use against me to bash me if our long term relationship didn't work out. But at the same time if it got serious and we got married i wouldn't want to tell her later and have her feel like i lied to her or hid things from her. What would you do?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't start out with guilt before you even get married, no no no. Swallow your fears and just let it out. Maybe it's not as big of a deal as you think, and she will be chill with you. If it's not at least you won't have to pay for lawyers and your kid, and the whole messy divorce situation in the future. If it's meant to be you two will work through it.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• My brothers fiance told him that she "once" had Herpes, about two weeks before they got married.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

• I think it's only fair to tell her everything before you get married. If she finds out something that's a deal breaker, then that's her right and she'll feel cheated if you don't give her the option.

0|0
    0|0
  • You put it all out in the open before marriage.
    If not, your partner may feel like the entire relationship is a lie.
    Don't rob that person of the chance to make up their minds beforehand.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would, personally, lay it all out before marriage...or even getting engaged!

0|0
    0|0
  • I told my husband about everything before we even got engaged. He's was, and still is, my best friend so I told about everything and still do lol. I'm he wishes I wouldn't tell him about something's but that's just part of it. Lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • It really depends what it is. I don't think you should hide major things but you don't need to disclose every single detail of your entire life. Like if you aren't a virgin you obviously say that you aren't but you don't need to list every person you've ske

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

Recommended myTakes