My ex went no contact on me because I found out he lied & told him it wasn't going to work?

He looked me in my eyes & lied & i knew right then so i confronted it. the next day he tried to text me like everything was normal i took hours to reply & told him how i didn't think we could work because i lost all trust, he called & pleaded with me for hours to take him back after an hour of saying no I caved in and laid my conditions on the table, he agreed. i contacted him later on that night and he was already acting a bit weird. the next day while awaiting a response from him I began to think about the lie that caused all of this & right then i knew that the lie was going to haunt us forever. we were only about 2+ months deep and only 1 of those months being official but we has deep feelings. I really care for this guy & i didn't want it to end but i knew i could probably never trust him again & i didn't know if we could recover so i told him that we couldnt go further because of how insecure he made me feel about us. I don't know what i wanted, whether it was more reassurance or him agreeing but i knew i wanted a response. I never got one, after waiting like 3 hours for a reply i called him & he ignored my calls so i called some more until he texted me saying "if ur negative this isn't going to work" though i called partly because i never got a reply i was only going to remind him about the 30 bucks he owed me & i needed back for the next day but those words broke my heart because i really care for this guy and he is the one who killed this & now flipped it on me & thrown it away, i continued to text a few more times w/ no reply before giving up & telling him i didn't want the money back either, its been 3 days since I've contacted him and i haven't heard from him. I guess he went NC but i just feel sick to my stomach he treated me better than other guys things were so good until he lied about a girl. he is the one who messed up & i'm the one who said it wasn't going to work so why am i the one feeling guilty & dumped?

03

Most Helpful Guy

• what was the lie about? did he actually cheat on you?

It sounds to me like you wanted to be with him but couldn't totally forgive him and give the fresh start needed in these scenarios. that's not your fault it's usually very difficult to get past a lie, especially if it's not someone you are just out of this world in love with.

why are you feeling guilty and dumped? probably because you do know that you were being negative after things went down. you feel dumped because he's sort of run away leaving you chasing him.

I think what's best is to sort of take some time off and just allow each of you time to reflect on things. you can get your $30 later (which by the way was only a tool you were using to try and talk to him because you wouldn't call and call and call over $30)

I don't blame you for your situation. It's really hard to move past a lie and truly and fully forgive, forget and start anew

• from what i gathered he didn't actually cheat which i think i do believe...i do/did want to be with him but i was battling my own mind...i just needed him to reassure me a bit more as i flip flopped & acted mean but instead he flipped out on me & bailed...i feel like he is the one that messed up & he doesn't care enough to fix it..i was being super negative and mean but it hadn't even been a good 2 days since the lie...yes i know the 30$ wasn't my real intention but him ignoring me for being negative after he lied to me makes no sense...i feel i'm the real victim & he is playing a victim...i just dont know what to do now

• I understand. I've been in your shoes. but is it really fair to just take out your anger on a person and not expect them to run away? I mean you can only apologize so much, after most people aren't going to tolerate (even if they may want to) dealing with someone who doesn't trust them...

I don't blame either of you. Lost of trust in a relationship can be the sort of ultimate end...especially when it involves another person... again I think give some time and space. Allow yourself to collect your thoughts and really sort of figure out exactly what you want and it will allow him to sort of determine where he wants to be