How do I move on from a complicated and intense?

Me and my ex were seeing each other but recently stopped because he said he 'needed to find himself'.
This hurt me because we were at a good place and i have reacted badly and held it against him i guess.
Although i would love for him to miss me and us to get back together, i am beginning to accept that any chance of that i have probably ruined.
Last time we spoke he got angry at me for making him feel worse because i held it all against him.
We have been through so much together and we go to the same uni so i will run into him a lot, how do i make it hurt less, or even be friends with him?

11