What do you consider cheating..are there different levels?

Im just curious whether people would consider flirting as cheating? And what about kissing someone other than your partner? How serious is this to you... would you break up with your partner if you found out they had.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think there are different levels because I divide up the terminology. For me, the term 'cheating' is pretty much sex.

BUT, I believe 'betrayal' can happen without cheating, like emotional betrayal of the partner. It is very bad, but I think the distinction is important for the purpose of assigning degree of reaction and depth of consequences.

I think flirting falls somewhere around 'disrespectful' and 'risky'. But overall, I don't think it should be dealt with the same massive response as cheating would be.

Now, if you want to dump all the terms together into one term -- calling it all 'cheating', then yes it has diff levels.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• Intimate physical contact or long romantic conversations. I don't consider flirting as cheating at all.

I've never cheated and would break up with my partner if I found out they had.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't tolerate cheating, so while I hate to be so all-or-nothing about things in life, this is one of those things I won't put up with.

For me, kissing is absolutely cheating and is an automatic deal-breaker. I would never so that (nor would I want to do that), so I don't allow it to be done to me.

Harmless chit chat type flirting isn't the end of the world as long as that's where it stops. Even then I don't really love that. I like knowing that my partner is all mine, and that that part of her belongs to me entirely. And of course I give her the same.

0|1
    0|0
  • Flirting is not cheating if it does not go anywhere but dating kissing and beyond yep your a cheat.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Flirting can be annoying, but what about times when your man is being a wingman for his mate?

Kissing crosses a line for me. Not like friendly kissing on the cheek, but passionate on the lips - that's a no-no.

Some guys often try to categorize and justify, but they forget to think about how it would make them feel, if their girl was sucking face with another man.

0|0
    0|0
  • to me, cheating is cheating there is no level. if one is in a relationship then any intimate behaviour with opposite gender should not be carried out

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes