What do you consider cheating..are there different levels?

Im just curious whether people would consider flirting as cheating? And what about kissing someone other than your partner? How serious is this to you... would you break up with your partner if you found out they had.

24

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think there are different levels because I divide up the terminology. For me, the term 'cheating' is pretty much sex.

BUT, I believe 'betrayal' can happen without cheating, like emotional betrayal of the partner. It is very bad, but I think the distinction is important for the purpose of assigning degree of reaction and depth of consequences.

I think flirting falls somewhere around 'disrespectful' and 'risky'. But overall, I don't think it should be dealt with the same massive response as cheating would be.

Now, if you want to dump all the terms together into one term -- calling it all 'cheating', then yes it has diff levels.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE