Is my something wrong, or am I just paranoid?

Lately my girlfriend has spent a lot more time texting while she's with me. She's also been short with me, and has said that she needs more space. My response hasn't been great. I try and see who she's texting, and she carefully hides whatever she's doing. I told her that I felt like she was paying more attention to her phone than to me, and her response was that that's too bad and I need to deal with her doing things other than just pay attention to me. This would be fine if it wasn't all the time lately. She's also spent a lot of time talking with a guy she knows from the past. I think that he's the one she's spending all this time texting. When I told her I was uncomfortable and worried, she told me that they were just catching up, and I shouldn't worry because he isn't her type anyways. That's true as far as I know. He doesn't fit her type. I've been trying to bring her closer, and of course the result is that she's pulling away. I don't know what to do. I don't want to feel jealous of her time with friends, but I'm also afraid that something is wrong with her and I. What should I do?

We've been together for almost four years.

32

Most Helpful Girl

• Tell her straightaway that when she's with you she needs to spend time with you and not her phone. Also, tell her that if she's not interested in taking your relationship further, she should tell you instead of doing this. I know this will hurt you but at least it'll save you from the heartbreak if there is any in the future.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• How long have you'll been together? The length of a relationship can play a crucial role in these things...

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE