Is it mean to completely stop contacting ex?

I want to move on and he continues to talk to me.

I broke up with him for many reasons mostly having to do with cheating.
  • No it's normal
    Vote A
  • Yes it's mean
    Vote B
  • It depends-explain
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• well its normal but it is mean , I had this happen to me before and always found it annoying that girl would just disappear and not even talk to me. I just sort of felt it was unnecessary at time , but maybe she felt it had to be done if I annoyed her that much to cause her to feel that way

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• No, it's not mean. Not any meaner than him cheating anyway. He betrayed your trust on a relationship and friend level. Why would you want a friend like him in your life? What would be the point in continuing to talk to him? All it will do is leave the wounds open and, in a weak moment, make it easier to get back with him again.

When I finally cut contact with my ex was the first time I actually moved on. Every other time when I tried to "stay friends" we'd get back together.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• No you're supposed to stop contact with your ex...

1|0
    0|0
    • Should you explain to the other person that you don't want to contact? Or just stop randomly?

• You could explain it I would. It would make you look better rather than stopping all of a sudden since contact has started again.

• It's not mean at all. After all, you've moved on

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• You need to move on, you owe him nothing. Not mean at all, you're doing what's best for you and that's just fine.

1|0
    0|0
  • Its normal to not want to talk to an ex if it ended badly

0|0
    0|0
  • Normal why would you want to talk with an ex who cheated on you?

0|0
    0|0
  • No trust me I had a similar problem to this with an ex and he wouldn't go away till I blocked him

0|0
    0|0
  • Its not mean.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes