Is it mean to completely stop contacting ex?

I want to move on and he continues to talk to me.

I broke up with him for many reasons mostly having to do with cheating.
  • No it's normal
  • Yes it's mean
  • It depends-explain
    Vote C

63

Most Helpful Guy

• well its normal but it is mean , I had this happen to me before and always found it annoying that girl would just disappear and not even talk to me. I just sort of felt it was unnecessary at time , but maybe she felt it had to be done if I annoyed her that much to cause her to feel that way

Most Helpful Girl

• No, it's not mean. Not any meaner than him cheating anyway. He betrayed your trust on a relationship and friend level. Why would you want a friend like him in your life? What would be the point in continuing to talk to him? All it will do is leave the wounds open and, in a weak moment, make it easier to get back with him again.

When I finally cut contact with my ex was the first time I actually moved on. Every other time when I tried to "stay friends" we'd get back together.