I can't stop thinking that I will always be cheated on?

I know this sounds ridiculous, but I am surrounded by infidelity. Most marriages in my family have either ended or went through a really rough patch due to cheating. My friends have always been cheated on/cheated on their partner. I've been cheated on many times.

When I meet guys, I tend to keep to myself because I am afraid of getting hurt. The more persistent guys usually convince me that they care about me, and that they could never cheat. I've been in two serious, long term relationships, where we planned on having futures together. They made my fear of cheating go away. However, I found out that they both were sleeping with other women.

I've never cheated, but I have seen love fall apart because of it so many times. I keep telling myself, "if someone loves me, they wouldn't do that." But I really think they did love me, but still made those mistakes anyway. How could people be with me for years and still hurt me like that? How could my father do that to my mother?

Now, in my work place, all these married men have been trying to sleep with me. I know of several affairs happening within the office- even some people sleeping with another coworker's wife. I am literally surrounded.

I feel like I never want to date again, because I am so scared of getting hurt. I fear my heart can't handle more broken trust. Am I alone in this? Is there ever a way to trust someone again?
I can't stop thinking that I will always be cheated on?
Add Opinion