Guys, what are your reasons why you send a message to your exgirlfriend after ignoring or not contacting her for 1.5 month?

It's actually like this.. My exbf broke up with me last year late November. He didn't contacted me for a month until I received a message from him after that saying Merry Christmas in 25th of December and Happy New Year of 1st Jan. of course, I replied back to him wishing him the same thing. Anyways, I greeted him in his birthday and he said, I thought you forgot. To be honest, we talked rarely. In those talked there were a times he said he loves me and miss me but whenever I ask him if he wants us to be together again and give it a try the only answer I always get was he doesn't know at all. After hearing that so many times from him I didn't asked anymore and we did stop talking again, it takes (1 1/2 months starting March and April 2014).

Even we broke up there were a times he still liked my photos that I uploaded in my profile dp or wall post on my FB. Recently, I received a notification from my FB (around 1st week of April 2014) that he liked 3 of my profile photo that I recently uploaded months ago (1 photo, January and 1 photo, February ) but the weird is one of those 3 photos he liked I uploaded that was (1 photo around August or October, I guess) last year when we were still in a relationship.

To be honest, I didn't expect to hear or received any notifications / messages from him. I didn't also give any meaning when he liked my profile photo since I was just thinking he might just liked it and nothing else. I didn't received any messages from him after he liked my photos around 1st of April 2014 until I received a messages from last night, he said a message "hey". I got that message when I was already sleeping, I slept early because I was too tired since I was outside with my Aunt to help her out in her house. I replied only today around afternoon and I just only replied back with a "hey! too."

What does he thinking by sending a hey out of the blue?
What long should I wait to reply back in his message?

Thanks for the help.

• 15 to 30 mins. (Busy)
  • 45 min. To 1 hour + (Quiet Busy)
  • 1 hour to 5 hours + (Super Busy)
    Vote C
  • 1 Day to 3 Days + (shows I don't care about him anymore)
    Vote D
I mean.. How I long should I wait to respond or message back to his message?

Well, I don't like playing mind games. I just don't want him to misinterpret my actions that's why I am careful enough about my reactions.

33

Most Helpful Girl

• Being He initiated the "break-up," which I am safe to assume, play hard to get, and Contact him Later in the day, if You Still have some feelings, and maybe mere hope you both may reunite again. Or on the other hand, if you Don't give a rat's tail about him Now, and could care less When he would hear from you Ever.
    However, if I am reading this correctly, You were the last to reciprocate his last message, so maybe you should "play your own game" of letting Him chase you a bit.
    I don't think he is "playing games" so much, but may just want to be friends, keep you in his life, without being hooked at the hip. And, he may even want to take things slow, so yes, it would be wise to Not be so quick to wear your heart on your sleeve right now.
    Good luck.xx

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Thanks for answering. :)