If I show that I'm completely fine, will that irritate him or make him rethink things?

Me and my boyfriend of 8 months broke up about a month ago when he dumped me after a huge argument. He decided that finals were too close to handle a relationship that was going through a bit of a rough patch, and I feel as though that's fair enough.

I decided the best way to go about it is to concentrate on other things and perhaps show him (and myself) that I'm totally dependent and alright without him. However, I'm slightly concerned that doing this will make him think I'm not interested. I do still want my boyfriend back eventually, and I'm not sure what the best way to go about it is? I know he has feelings for me, I just feel as though he thinks that if he comes back the entirety of the relationship will be exactly like the rough patch we had before we broke up; I know for a fact it wouldn't be like that.

What do you think the best way to go about this is? Thank you!

02

Most Helpful Guy

• " that I'm totally dependent "

Total freudian slip there?

Show him you're totally *independent*, and then after the exams, just start talking to him again.

• Oh god, what an awful typo! Yes, that's what I meant haha. Thank you!