Can you pretend to love someone?

My ex told me when he broke up with me after 18 months, that for 8 months he pretended to love me. Thinking about it he was pretty convincing, he was loving, bought me presents and our sex life improved instead of slumping. A number of people have told me that he must have been lying about the 8 months thing, but I'm not too sure.

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on individual I think. ..perhaps he was not sure what he really wanted and unsure of his feelings during the 8 mths. For myself I can't pretend

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• Attractive young women do it all the time to wealthy old men. Alla Hugh Hefner. Not too farfetched to think a guy could do the same.

Having said that, he was probably trying to hurt you even more to make himself feel better about the break up. Although I don't know him, so I'm not sure if he's like that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Oh yeah. Really easily too. I love to love someone. So it's easy for me to pretend to love someone by looking them in the eyes and telling them they are beautiful and then closing my eyes and gently kissing them on the lips and touching their face softly with the tip of my fingers. I've never actually done it tho. I don't actually do this though if i don't really like her

0|0
    0|0
  • Women do it all the time. It is called gold digging.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes