My boyfriend broke up with me - but he said he still wants me around?

My boyfriend of seven and a half months broke up with me last night. He kept telling me that I did nothing wrong and that I'm an incredible girl and all-around person. He said he really enjoyed dating me this past school year and that it made it a lot better. He said he did honestly like me a lot and I have become his best friend because of it. He said he will be telling me this a lot but he really really still wants me around. He said I am very well-liked by everybody and like he said I am his best friend and I am considered part of his friends' group now.

BUT he told me that he was hesitant on asking me to be his girlfriend back in September. He is about to graduate college in December but I'll still be around school for another year and a half (we're both from the same area). He said the relationship is honestly bad timing because of where he is with college and future career, which will more than likely have him across the country. He said he doesn't know if he wants a long distance relationship and doesn't like the idea right now. He said he's doing this now because he doesn't want to be leading me on and he doesn't want to potentially drag me into the situation and he said it would be worse if it happened in the future rather than now.

As he was saying this though, his eyes were watery and I could tell he was hiding the fact that he was crying when I heard him sniffle. He said it's just as hard for me as it is for you right now but this will be the better for the both of us and I think being friends would be best for a situation like this. He also said if I need anything I can talk to him but I told him I don't think I can do that right now. I said I need my space for awhile.

I've never been so heartbroken before and I really don't know what to do or why he's doing this even after saying all that. What do I do about all of this? I honestly have never been so lost in my life. ANYTHING will be appreciated

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm so sorry you are hurting right now. But there's nothing you can do, he's just not at a time in his life when he's ready for long term committment.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• It sounds like he wants sex but without the relationship title

0|0
    0|0
    • I mean if he does I don't know about it lol it's been a little over a month now and we still hang out and talk and such but nothing sexual has happened

What Girls Said 1

• Girl,,,, give yourself a break. You should be willing to be his friend. When he brings that conversation back up tell him that you need some space but after that you will continue to be his friend. Take it slowly text him before you call him. Brush past him before you hang out. But do not make it look like you don't want to be friends.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes