Why did my ex send me a drink at the bar?

So my ex and I are in college and had an amazing 3 months together, and up until the day he broke up with me he couldn't get enough of me -- constantly needing my attention, wanting me to come over, etc. I was his first girlfriend. He wanted to break up because I am moving to New York after graduation, and said he didn't want our feelings to get more hurt by continuing out the semester for one more month and then me leaving for good. So, in a way, it was a situational break up. But it still didn't make any sense to me because he and I were inseparable just the day before.

I was very upset for a few days and even sent him a huge text wanting to get back together, but he has just caught off all emotions towards me and was being very cold. He has been hooking up with girls at the bar ever since a few weeks ago. I have not so much as kissed another guy.

We were both at the bar yesterday, he saw me flirting with two guys and had the bartender send me a drink from him (even though he had brought his ex hook-up before me with him to the bar). Why would he send me a drink? Out of jealousy/to get my attention? Or was this malicious?

01