My fiance broke up with me by a text message, but hasn't asked for ring back or changed Facebook status. Should I move on?

I have been with my fiancé for seven years and have known him for 12 years. We started dating when I was 23 and he 21. We recently got engaged four months ago, which was what I wanted. Unfortunately, my parents and his father were not exactly happy about the engagement. My parents, mostly my Dad, will not give their consent until he completes a college degree, and his father has never approved of our relationship, as he doesn’t believe in interracial relationships.

My fiancé was a mechanic for a few years and then decided to pursue a military career after I declined moving out together in 2011. At the time our relationship was rocky. I did choose to support his plan to join the army. He moved to the midwest for training in 2012. We have been in a long distance relationship since then and have honestly both put in the effort to make things work. However, after our engagement he has been very distant. He was not happy, nor was I about the response we received. He does not want to pursue a college education. I work in education and have always expressed my concerns about my opportunities as an army wife and before our engagement we decided that he would come home and pursue another career. However, things have really hit the fan. He won’t communicate with me at all and saids we are on two different paths. I just find this really hard to come to terms with. I even told him I would compromise and relocate if he wanted to stay in the military. He still refuses to speak to me. I guess what makes it harder is that he did everything through a text message. He never asked for the ring back or any of his stuff and has not changed his fb status. I am not sure what is going on with him. He is being deployed in July and I thought maybe he is stressed out. It’s not like him to be this cold towards me. Normally, we would talk it out but he won't communicate with me. I have been so sad. Do I stop wearing his ring and move on? I just don't know.

10