My ex is upset I'm with someone else so soon?

Should I feel guilty?

We broke up 2 months ago, we had been together for about half a year at that point and turns out he never wants to get married or have kids, but well I do so I broke up.
And then a month ago, I met someone else. I know it's soon but I met him, he's a great guy, so I gave it a shot and I don't feel bad about it really

Now my ex has been calling me saying he wants to get back together and now suddenly wants a family further down the road. When I told him that I'm with someone else, he was shocked, he said "wow, don't you think that's a little early. I would never do that to you"
Do what to me? We broke up, how am I the bad guy here? And it's not like we had been together 20 years either, just over 5 months

12

Most Helpful Guy

• Sucks for him. You were wise enough to break up with him because you want to get married and start a family but he doesn't. You don't owe him anything.

Most Helpful Girl

• He lost you the realized what he lost afterwards...it is not too soon at all...its not like your trying to marry the guy. I do understand where he is coming from...it must be hard for him but tell him " dont be mad once you see that he wants it, if you like it then you shoulda put a ring on it " ;)