Is this cheating? What would he think?

I'm a loner, and my boyfriend is in the army (away doing school) and I'm in high school still. Well recently I've been getting back into shape, so I asked an old ex (Wasn't serious at all) if he wanted to run with me. We've been running together for a while now and I don't know my boyfriend doesn't tell me much was he does or whose he's with even when he wasn't in the service yet so I didn't tell him who I was with. I'm not going to kiss the guy or anything. But it does feel good to have a friend now who wants to just have fun. Should I feel guilty?

15

Most Helpful Guy

• Hey there, Anon. I am going to try and see this from the boyfriend's angle. Since, I'm in the Army myself. You see, I may be a little biased though. The girl I loved, who I had been with for ages, left me when I was gone and then moved on a month later. Oh well though, you know? Anyways, I would have to say.. how long ago did you and your ex date? That could have a big play on things. If it was more recent, two years or less, then I would say ease up on how often you hang out. Another thing is, how comfortable is your boyfriend with this? I mean, the thing you HAVE to have in a relationship is communication. Trust me. You don't want to be away from home, and then find out that your girlfriend has been hanging out with an ex for a while now... That breaks down trust. Which could potentially ruin your relationship. All in all, it is best to go at it as a couple. Tell him that you are lonely. Talk it out with your boyfriend. You need to communicate.
    Best of luck!

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Dude.. Thats messed up.. Wow, I'm sorry man. You deserve way better. It's been about two years. I love my boyfriend so much haha we plan on getting married next year so I'm quite committed to him. We trust each other a lot, but I know if I didn't know I'd be a little weirded out.. But he also has lots of friends and I guess I only have one. But I wouldn't even know how to ask/tell him. I was in an abusive relationship so I'm really scared of reactions. I've been with my boyfriend for about two years now.

Most Helpful Girl

• If i was him i would be upset. Not only is he your ex, you two were intimate before. You should tell him, he will find out eventually and if he do find out i think he would be more upset for you not telling him directly. Because of this he will think that there happened something between you guys. Just put yourself in his position how would you feel if he did this to you while you were gone? And why your ex? I'm sure you have at least one friend who is a girl...

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE