I Told my girlfriend she should lose 50 pounds and put on makeup and get plastic surgery and she broke up with me?

I love her for her personality but not her body. I needed her to be pretty so I suggested all of this and she broke up with me. How can I apologize and get her back

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• ok, why is there a question mark on the end of this question/statement? Of course she did. if she said "you are kind of ugly you really have to go to the gym. I could see you looking better with 50 lbs less. Actually, plastic surgery could do the trick" she would be too pathetic for you to want to date if she did get back together with you after you said these awful things. I am about 70% sympathetic to anyone who wishes for their partner to lose weight if they are supportive and say it in a loving way and realize their own flaws as well. Learn from this, you aren't coming back from it my friend.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• wtf is your problem? just because you love her for who she is doesn't mean you have the authority to humiliate her on the things she doesn't appear perfect to you. i dont blame her for braking up with you and i dont think you deserve to get her back. so my advice is dont even try

4|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 22

• I want to see a pic of you first and second are you just posting this for attention? Or are you really that big of a shallow jerk? Wanting her to lose weight for her health is one thing wanting her to lose weight for your standards are another.

2|0
    0|0
  • It sounds like she has self-esteem and that's why she dumped you. Loving someone is also about accepting them for who they are, flaws and all. The request you made shows that you don't accept her. I don't think there's anything you can do but learn from this mistake and not do it again.

2|0
    0|0
  • If she had any brains she wouldn't take you back. There's no excuse for saying any of that to anyone. Be honest, how would you feel if she told you that she needs you to change everything about your appearance to be attracted to you? You clearly don't think she's good enough for you, so just leave her alone.

2|1
    0|0
  • I think you're not really that stupid to say that to her. I mean, it's a matter of understanding. As long as you're the one to pay all liposuction procedures, and buying all the make ups for her, why not? LMAO. But you have hurt her feelings, so yea, deal with it.

1|0
    0|0
  • You don't deserve her.
    If you cannot accept her for the way she is, you do not need to be with her at all.
    The point of a close relationship is to be able to be comfortable with yourself with that person, from the moment you wake up till you go to bed. With makeup and without. If you cannot love her for who she is, she is not for you.

0|0
    0|0
  • You have destroyed her self-esteem and confidence. I don't think she will take you back. I don't understand why would you want her as your gf when you weren't really attracted to her physically.

1|0
    0|0
  • Why would you date someone you aren't attracted to? She's right to break up with you because you were extremely mean. Plastic surgery? Really? I wonder what you look like...

1|0
    0|0
  • I would have broken up with you too. You shouldn't try to entirely change the person you're with (asking for a little change is fine). Just find someone closer to your standards to begin with.

1|0
    0|0
  • If my boyfriend who says he "loves" me should love me for me & everything that comes along with it, including my body. If not, then *Peace out* . So I don't blame her.

0|0
    0|0
  • She is smart girl. I don't know that should you really take her back?
    You touched the most fragile part. Look is very important for us. And when someone judges like that most of us can jumps into depression. I know many woman just because their spouses don't like their appearance, they eat nothing, go serious diets and they have health problems as a result of this crazy diets.
    You should have been careful what you said. Probably you have other traits that she didn't like but has she ever been harsh on you?

2|0
    0|0
  • gain 100 lbs and ask for her back. if she even takes you back with all that weight.

0|1
    0|0
  • Some things are better left unsaid. You probably could have worded that differently or you could have not said anything at all. What if she had told you that you were too soft, too pudy and needed more muscle And a new wardrobe? what if she whined to you about your car? How would All of that make you feel? Not good right? Well, thats how u made her feel. That was a dumb move on your part. There r some things you DO NOT say to a girl. There may be a slight chance of gettin her back, but don't expect anything anytime soon.

0|0
    0|0
  • Acceptance for "everything" about her is a must if you truly love her... never try to change her... appreciate her for being her..
    She have personality and body with her.. if you just love her personality, not body, then you don't love and accept her as whole, just partly.. and that is the most hurting part..
    its hard to get back.. show to her you regret what you said and that you accept and love her for who she is inside and out... if it didn't workout, you can't force or control her back and I don't blame her... good luck

0|0
    0|0
  • that's crazy harsh what's wrong with you? i would be surprised if she stayed with you!!

1|1
    0|0
  • Why are you dating her if you are not attracted to her

1|2
    0|0
    • He was attracted to her personality, so he probably thought he'd try and get past her looks which he obviously couldn't.

• You dont deserve her back, you sound like a jerk and she can do MUCH better

0|0
    0|0
  • Someone got their trolling motor out

3|2
    0|0
  • I wouldn't take you back in a million years.

2|1
    0|0
  • Deal with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • You went to far on the plastic surgery part.

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

What Guys Said 12

• I must say that reading the title made me laugh. You pretty much hurt her self esteem. Try saying Im sorry. Things will be tough because she knows how you feel about her now.

0|1
    0|0
  • Acting like that, your not worth her time. If she was like that from the beginning, than why did you date her, and end up of hurting her down the road. I don't know her so it's hard to tell if apologizing will get her back, but she deserves better.

0|1
    0|0
  • You went a little too far my friend. You have to be subtle about these things like. I was thinking of getting a gym membership, do you want to join me?

1|0
    0|0
  • The plastic surgery part might have been going a wee bit bar.

1|2
    0|0
  • Don't. Get a new one who fits what you are looking for.

1|0
    0|0
  • She seems awfully shallow

1|0
    1|0
  • lol nice try troll

0|0
    0|0
  • Could be more interesting.

0|0
    0|0
  • She probably shouldn't take you back

1|0
    0|0
  • Ok. I will pay him a visit if police don't cunt

0|0
    0|0
  • Well thats a tall order Lol

0|0
    0|0
  • money..jewelry..automobile..cell phone...

0|0
    1|0

Recommended myTakes