Living with an ex girlfriend thoughts?

We want to live together because both of us have enough to buy this small apartment in a really safe neighborhood and it has everything we need. I have already seen her at her worst and she has. All our other friends can't afford this. Also we both trust each other to pick up the weight. She is responsible and actually cleans and so am I. None of us are that messy. We broke up a year ago and recently started talking two months ago as friends. So I clearly still love her and regret leaving her but I'm willing to put aside that for this. She is in dire need to move out because of her parents. I still care about her well being and knowing she's living with idiotic parents is not healthy for her. The things I'm worried about is I know there is still a lot of sexual tension between us. None of us had sex since (we are both very hard to gain trust). So we might screw each other then what? Awkwardness? Feelings involved and she dates or I date someone else? She goes through another pregnancy scare?

41

Most Helpful Girl

• No offense, but I honestly think it is highly stupid and simply going to cause one huge mess sooner or later.
    1. Once you start dating other people and plan to pursue serious relationships with others, it will make things highly uncomfortable for the new people in your life. They may even feel slightly disrespected depending on how you guys behave while living together. If I was interested in romantically pursuing a guy and found out that he lives with his ex, I would be dismissive of him IMMEDIATELY. Sounds like one huge, complicated mess that will just bring me stress in the future. Many females cannot seem to get over their ex and some of them are outright tactless and borderline sleazy about trying to get him back. So you would probably see a case of some connivng jealous ex and a third party would just get hurt because of your tangled mess.

2. This will most likely lead to a friends with benefits situation which would be very unhealthy and foolish considering the fact that you two live together.

Honestly sounds like you're not ready to let go so you want to trap her into being around you by living with her. The whole idea is really stupid to be honest.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• You have already listed plenty of reasons that things could go bad in this apartment partnership. Add that any future boyfriend/girlfriend that one of you starts seeing is likely to not accept their SO living with someone they have a sexual history with, even if there was not the current sexual tension. I could see that it could work for some people, but definitely does not look good for you two.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE