What is your definition of a narcissist?This is a long one so thanks for going to the effort of reading, opinions are appreciated?

Anonymous
There's a general overview in psychology that a narcissist is someone who:
-Believes they're better than others
-Fantasises about power, success and attractiveness
-Exaggerates achievements or talents
-Expects constant praise and admiration
- Believes that they're special and act accordingly
-Fail to recognize other people's emotions and feelings
-Expect others to go along with your ideas and plans
- Expresses disdain for those you feel are inferior
-Trouble keeping healthy relationships
-Have a fragile self-esteem
-Appear as tough-minded or unemotional

I actually agree with most of that and think my ex suffered from a severe form of narcissism. He always wanted me to do what he wanted without considering my personal circumstances. His track record of girlfriends (over 30 sexual encounters at the age of 25) and the photos he still keeps on Facebook serve his ego but also give the impression he has never been happy. He's always been the one to break off relationships. After breaking up with me he was soon onto someone else and has moved in with her within a few months. Added to that, he still tries to talk to me when he sees me about all his achievements and exaggerates things he's done. He will tell friends and colleagues about the fun and exciting things in his life but won't ask people about their day or how they are. He is very much all about himself and the image he creates for the public. Clothing, good food and objects and attractive women are what he cares for most but will constantly ridicule people who he believes are inferior to him. All this destroyed my self confidence and I felt like a lost soul for quite a while because it made me feel like I was never good enough even though I was told otherwise by people.

What are your definitions of a narcissist and have you ever met one who fits that description above.

I would love to hear your stories
3
0