Does the dating "LEAGUE" really exist?

1 Thing that grinds my gears is this statement right here "he/she is out of me league" no they're not, but as soon you said that, they "TRULY BECAME OUT OF YOUR LEAGUE",

Until that guy/girl says you're ugly "its all fair game and keep in mind the only thing that you need is a chance, when it comes to a new relationship".

Until they close the door, you need to keep ramming it DON'T GIVE UP, and its no secret that people in general love confidence right?

You can be a 5 out of 10 but if you have a charismatic personality you can shoot up on the rating scale just enough to get on that boy/girls radar.

But the same thing can be said for a guy who is a 9 but acts like a jerk, yea he's handsome, but he also lacks character so the girls won't give him the time of day.

you'll need to find something to compensate or should i say make up for your lack of looks, so if you're a girl start playing video games, watching anime and playing sports to name a few "those are things that naturally attract guys ".

If you're a male who thinks a girl is out of your league COOL instead of trying to win her over with your looks, why not make her laugh or learn to carry yourself better.

Overall you won't know until you try right, so dont shoe yourself off as an "she/he is outta my league type of person" because at the end of the day they are human just like you and if you play your cards right they can be yours for the keeping.

sorry for grammar errors but writing was my worst subject in school

for the grammar errors*

915

Most Helpful Girl

• No such thing as league. Is ALL about that chemistry.

• LMAO WE HAVE THE BEST ANSWER MAYBE LOL and i totally agree

• Is the type of chemistry you see in a couple that makes you say that's a cute couple. The energy, the bonding, the body language, the communication going on, that creates great tension that makes you want to keep looking at these two. The girl could be smart and beautiful, the guy can be attractice, weird and corny in his jokes, but if the chemistry is there is there!

What Girls Said 8

• I think it does in a way, but not for the reasons most people think.

I think leagues exist insofar that above average looking people share a common world view, as do average looking people, and below average looking people.

But you have to take into account that someone who is average to me, may be above or below average to someone else. Also, looks matter more to some people than others. So it's hard to sort out, or give a concrete answer.

• nice response as usual and im intuned to agree

• That's cool. There are a few of us on here.

• I dont have a league , either I am attracted to the guy or not.
    This is for u>>>https://i.imgur.com/eg1q6kS.jpg

• Baby boy I'm out of your league. No seriously bestie you're right. All of those dating rules should just be thrown out of the window.

• Leagues do exist though. Think of the hot girls in your area. Who are those girls dating and hanging out with? usually not an ugly lame guy

• lmao yea i know they exist don't get me wrong since your not going to pull a rated 8-9 as a rated 4 "guy/girl" for the most part ^^ (#^.^#) unless you have money or personality " but i feel that if they are not physically attracted to you personality never really comes into play because they'll never had said a word to you to begin with" lolol

and finally someone is spamming my questions in a row ^^

• Sadly, there is a "league" that people have made up. I like what you said about the 1-10 thing vs personality.

• well i can't really argue with that smh, its sad though

• It is. Why can't a cheerleader like a "nerd" and why can't a jock like a shy little "goody-two-shoes"

• For sure it does. But I wouldn't limit it to looks. Your number should be how attractive you are to the other sex in general.

But sure as hell people want to do as best as they which is why most will date within in their league

• I dont believe ugly is a thing. People who are my 10 are my friends 2. So yeah all in all I agree with you on the leagues dont exist thing but not on the making up for looks thing. also a lot of people say league when referring to popularity

• like i alway say a girl can go from a legit 5 to a damn 8 IF SHE HAS A NICE SMILE LOL

that another thing i should've have mentioned

• I dont believe a girl can be a "5" or an "8". She's the only her the world has and the only thing she was meant to be and therefore a 11/10 to the right person and screw the rest

• lmao i just got owned clapping for you lol "schooled my punk ass"

• I have to admit I think leagues do exist to some degree.

I mean would Megan Fox date a common fat guy who works at Shoney's? Nah

Did the super hot cheerleader in high school date the weird antisocial kid that smelled funny? Nah

What Guys Said 15

• I think there are leagues but it involves more than just looks. If you think about it technically dating is an exchange of value. Each person has a list of qualities that they bring to the table and they have a list of qualities that they are looking for in a partner. They aren't nessesarily looking for their partner to have the same strengths/weaknesses but they are looking for a partner who brings the same amount of value as they are bringing.

I think there are 3 categories that determine our "dating value" and these 3 categories are looks, personality, and status. We each judge ourselves according to these categories and come up with our own "worth" and we usually strive to find someone with a similar value. Now how much weight goes into each category depends on the individual but as a GENERALIZATION I'd say guys put 40pts in looks, 50 pts in personality and 10pts in status. Girls I'd say put 25pts in looks,50pts in personality and 25pts in status. Of course everyones scale is different but I'm just ballparkin the figures.

So a guy whose a 6 in the looks department could be seen as more valuable than a male model if he's more financially stable and is intelligent with a good sense of humor. But a guy who's a 6 in the looks department, below average salary, bland personality is not in the same league as a girl who's a 9, with a good personality. She knows her value and she knows she could do better.

I'm not sure if I explained this properly but I tried :/

• mf did you just say what i was trying to say but better LOL but yea man take that upvote

• yea i know but i suck at writing, so i wanted to get my point across super easy

people will date a ugly girl/guy right even though they're a 9 personally, just on the fact they had money, without the cash the 9 would've never took the 4

if that makes sense lol

• Well legit ugly, probably not. I think that there's got to be some attraction for people to date. So if a girl thinks a guy is legit ugly probably not but he's got a better chance if he's rich but still he's at a disadvantage to average and good looking guys.

But an average looking dude can definitely land a 9 if he's financially stable and has a great personality.
      I guess an ugly dude can too but he's got a lot of competition. Like if an average looking dude is a just as good as the ugly dude for personality and status then most girls would choose the average looking dude.

• The only time someone is out of my league is if they're actually famous or filthy rich in my opinion. I can't hang with those people.

Other than that I'm on top of the league!

• You're right. I think it exists all in our minds, like a lot of things.

• Well put I can't add anything that hasn't been said already except that its not all about looks. ionehellobeautiful.files.wordpress.com/.../heidi-klum-seal1.jpg

• Nah no chick is out your league. There are no leagues bro.

• its all in the mind.

• I've only ever gone for those deemed "out of my league", my personality with them gets me the win.

• exactly man i do the same thing, i dont have that mindset of "she is outta my league" but more or less "she is just like any other girl" so ill try to "WOW" them with my stupid antics, most of the time they'll laugh and get attached.

hell overall i have no shame and idgaf so its all fair game for me LMAO

• I know what you mean man. I think this is too complicated for me to put in an opinion (and boy it would take me some serious mental energy). You have some points though.

• im glad you could read what i wrote lol

but it pisses me off at the way these people think though man lol

• You're upset at the concept of leagues?

• naw man its the mentality of "OMG HE IS TO GOOD FOR ME OR THE FAMOUS THEY'RE OUTTA MY LEAGUE" lol. i dont like those type of people man lol

• it does exist... never in my life that a hot gorgeous woman like me... all of them when i go to places won't even check me out plus must of them are taken or dating actually... even if they are single the moment you approach them they will always say they are already taken. my friends that are girls said i'm a good person but in the end of the day no one is in love at first sight for personality... it always come at looks... well all the girls i have a crush on always "out of my league" actually

• that is why i never approach them "i only show interest in those who've shown interest in me 1st because then i have the ball in my park" so what i do is let all the horndogs take there shots at them right, while im sitting my back relaxing because 90% of the time, those hot girls are going to come sit near me and start flirting simple because im the "weird guy+they want to see what im about"

most of those hot girls are used to be "CRAZED/WANTED" by males. so what happens when some guy doesn't do that? yea thats right it gets them curious as to why this guy doesn't kiss my ass like the rest lol

• hoep that makes sense lol sometimes i wish i could just voice and be dont with it lol

• well good for you girls notice you.. me as if i dont exist... i have "not cute face+jerk"... so i dont blame them of course... there is nothing i could do something about it... i guess we have different kinds of luck

• It does and it doesn't. There's no way of telling what or why a person you're attracted will be attracted to you.

• true can't argue with that, so once again people shouldn't give up until they try lol

• Pretty much dude. I'll always learn from "the hooters incident" and "the Spain fiasco."

• all the girls i like is "out of my league"... maybe this is the karma of being so picky for girls... if only i'm handsome then i'll never be out of their league

• once you get your foot in the door "its all fair game" so you just have to find a way to win them over

• Hehehehehe "grinds your gears", I love it Peter.

• Seriously though if mankind would have lived by this theory, the world wouldn't have all of these smoking hot people in it. Ever see two hot people make babies? They're usually fucking trolls! You need to dilute the gene pool down a bit to get the best balance of plowability. But there is always snu-snu @mistninja314

• LMAO YOU KNOW ABOUT SNU SNU 2? and i agree with that now that i think about it.

• Leagues exist, it's just that the boundaries are fuzzy and undefined. They change from person to person and based on different thing.

• Only ugly people think there's nothing called league.
    Only ugly people AND you.

• It does exist. However it has little sway.

• explain a little more, is the dating league absolute in the sense of a 4 not getting with a 8 lol?

• It isn't absolute however humans have been known to react poorly to certain realities.

( www.livescience.com/...n-marry-attractive-men.html ) Women tend to do better in relationships where they are the more beautiful ones so the 8 to 4 only works one way. It's a strange human thing but that's exactly why these "leagues" or "ratings" exist. There is a tangible effect for dating people who are of the same attractiveness and a direct link to happiness ( psychcentral.com/.../ ) and relationship troubles.

So I guess you could say that it's a real thing, it doesn't stop people from dating outside of their "league", but at the same time what you find attractive and tolerable is relative to your own attractiveness which you mystically can actually determine and intuitively know.