This applies at least for India and based on my personal experience and from what I've seen around.
1) Girls don't like confident guys -- At best what girls can tolerate is ok-ok confidence. Good confidence does not mean overconfident; overconfidence is stupidity. The confident men (I'm the most confident) are always single; where as shy (including less-confident body language) guys have an good chance of having a GF. If your natural walk is full of confidence you got no chance of a GF. In fact, here the GIRLS are hitting on the guys, and they hit on the shy ones (they don't have the confidence to hit on girls int he first place).
2) Girls don't like intelligent guys -- No, no I'm not talking about nerds; nerds read too much, pick up less. The smart guys are usually confident too and from what I've seen around, they're always single. Look at me. I've always been the smartest of the lot, not score wise, but discussion wise. I know the most, my opinions are the best and no girl ever imagines to give me some of her time. They don't even talk. I've seen the same with most smart guys.
3) Personality doesn't matter -- A girls decides to date you or not the moment she sees you and when she does not know your personality yet. At this moment If a guy is not rejected, there's 90% chance of him getting this GF.
3) Chiselled jaw, sharp facial features, high cheek bones -- I got all. I got a strong jaw line, better than 99% of the guys, I got all sharp facial features. The guys who have nice GFs are the one with soft features with reasonable fat on their face.
4) lean -- I've seen plenty of e. gs where fat pigs are married to beautiful women. Girls may not like fat guys, but they surely do not like lean guys. By lean I mean 11-15% body fat --
In fact, even I got hit on by girls when I was fat. Now I'm 14-13%
Most Helpful Guy
There's some truth in this.
In a western country, women would be interested in you for a short-term fling. Sex, but not a long term relationship leading to marriage.
Women in India could be less interested in short-term sex, so they want a weaker man they can control in marriage (rather than him being dominant).
Much the same happens in western countries, when it comes to marriage. Men do the same, and rarely choose the hottest girl for a wife.
This might explain.