Why doesn't he text me back after being really eager at first?

I met this guy a week ago and the day after he texted me to go on a date. Last week we didn't manage to go on a date because we were both really busy. So on Friday I texted him how he was and he texted me where he was (at a party, as was I) and he asked me if I wanted to come over. Yesterday we texted about how our evenings were and he responded really well, texting me back immediately with smileys and everything. But now I texted him if he still wanted to go on a date, but he doesn't respond! I cannot see if he has read the message.. I don't get it, 24 hours ago he still seemed so eager! Why doesn't he text me back?

22

Most Helpful Guy

• OMG woman, it's only been 24 hours. God knows what he's up to, so chill. He might be busy. Give him a little while to respond before you freak out. He's shown interest until now, and, if he eventually responds, you can chalk this up as being an anomaly. Whatever you do, don't bug him because you'll come across as being high maintenance and insecure. Men hate histrionic women.

What Guys Said 1

• This is one of the busiest times of the year for people. Give him some time.

What Girls Said 2

• Give him some time, the guys are right. There's no need to worry just yet. If he still hasn't replied or spoken to you in a couple days then dont get so worried, there's probably a reason for it

• He lost interest already