Ladies and Gents: why is there such a struggle to be in the friendzone?

- what, in your mind causes someone to be in the friendzone
- can someone "escape" from the dreaded friendzone
- can guys and girls be just friends and nothing more
- have you ever put anyone in the friendzone / ever been in the friendzone
- is there even a such thing as the "friendzone"

13

Most Helpful Guy

• its happens when some one likes another but not in a romantic way... while the other has romantic feeling for him or her... you can't escape from it cause your not trapped in anything, that's a wrong mind set... if there is no connection or chemistry between you two then there is nothing that can change that... usually.
    its not in their nature to be just friends... but it is possible.
    yea I've friend zoned people and I've been friend zoned many times...
    what they call a friend zone is basically rejection... when you meet a person who is a good person but not a potential romantic partner for some reason, you friend zone them... basically youd like them to be around but your not sexually attracted to them... make sense?

What Guys Said 2

• - what, in your mind causes someone to be in the friendzone= when one person is physically attracted to the other but the feelings aren't reciprocated.

- can someone "escape" from the dreaded friendzone= I've never seen a guy escape the friend zone. Ever.

- can guys and girls be just friends and nothing more= I think so, but only certain types of guys and girls can handle that. I know for myself that if I'm friends with a girl, like good friends where we spend a decent amount of time together, I WILL fall for her eventually, and in turn destroy our friendship.

- have you ever put anyone in the friendzone / ever been in the friendzone= I've been put in the friend zone 4 times, each with their own unique flavor. The first girl wanted to be friends with me really badly but I was devastated because I was in Highschool. She hit me up for months after I stopped talking to her. The second girl used me for grades on her tests cause she was as dumb as a brick and eventually I called her out on it and ended our relationship. The third girl we were really good friends for almost two years and I started to fall for her, then my friend hookup with her. That almost destroyed 2 friendships. and my fourth friend zone, and most recent, the girl let me get pretty far with her but apparently she wasn't interested, she just gave into me. She hits me up quite often and texts me a lot, even to hang out 1 on 1. I don't know what to do with her, aiming to see if a drunk hookup is possible and if not Im cutting all ties with her.

- is there even a such thing as the "friendzone"= yeah, but its just a describing a state of rejection. For example, a girl could reject a guy then drop off the earth on their own volition and leave the guy to recover. A girl could also reject a guy, but then attempt to keep them around because they legitimately like them as a person, despite the guy wanting more. This is the friend zone.

• - incompatibility
    - yes. I hope so.
    - yes.
    - both.
    - seems like it.

What Girls Said 1

• In my mind a cause that someone would be in the friendzone is when you don't want to date someone who looks like a potato.. that's a cause.

They can escape the dreadful friendzone if their lucky, after time and full commitment.

Guys and girls can be more than just friends, if they feel the same attraction to each other.. and they actually do something about it.

I can't date yet.. so I have put guys in the friendzone, which is not necessarily my fault, you know? Not being able to date has some type of good thing to it.. I mean I don't have to be friendzoned, yet.

I think friendzone does exist.. like an imaginary cage where the piece of soul that died in a person goes when someone hurt them by saying something along the lines of "we can still be friends ".