Do guys really care about Valentine's Day?

My BF doesn't seem to care about it much. This will be our second V-Day together in an LDR and I keep hoping he'll arrange for flowers to be sent to my house or something but I don't think it'll happen. I send him cupcakes to his house on his birthday (I'm in Canada, he's in the States) so it's not totally crazy that I'd expect something for V-Day (or even for my birthday).

Guys, would you feel bad if you didn't do anything and then found out your GF was hoping for a celebration or gift?

• Yep, we care
  • Nope, we don't care
Select a gender to cast your vote:

25

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know if material objects would be necessary but some sort of acknowledgement would be great. It has been commercialized so much and pushed so hard to be something special that it's lost it's lustre. When we are required to show affection on a day like that, it's less meaningful.

My opinion is that it's just another day. We should be showing our appreciation for each other any other day of the year just as much as we would on that day. Why this one specific day more than any other? I would do something small but wouldn't go out of my way to single out that day. I want you to know that I care for you no matter what day it is.

This topic is one that usually comes up before I would date you to make sure we're on the same page. It's obviously not a deal breaker and I would do something if it meant a lot to you.

What Guys Said 4

• It's a day that must be taken in consideration. I currently don't have a gf, so I don't care. If I had I'd sure care.

• Well, for me i am sad cause i have no special girl to share Valentine's Day with
    some guys don't care but that's their choice not mine :(

• In my country i have never seen anything with Valentine's day, and I just know that for movies or internet, so i don't really care about it.

But If i knew that the girl cares, I would think and do something...

• It is a way for businesses to make more money, that's all.

What Girls Said 2

• I said nope because my boyfriend doesn't

• I said no cause I don't even care, it's just corporate baloney.