so i meet a lot of people on social networks and i always want to meet them but im not sure if ill be disappointed or not... so how do i know if im being catfished
Most Helpful Girl
- They refuse to show pictures of themselves. (If they do, make sure to do a reverse google image search, you might find out who the real person is that way)
- They refuse to talk to you on the phone/skype call you. (If it's a guy posing as a girl, or a girl posing as a guy, their voice will most likely be a dead giveaway)
- They might be ok with talking on the phone or Skype calling, but they refuse to FaceTime or video chat (they're most likely not lying about their gender, but they could be lying about their age/looks, which is why they don't want to show their real face).
- The pictures seem fake, or too good to be true. Usually, people who catfish here on GaG (for instance) use famous instagram users' selfies. It gives you that "real" vibe since, you know, it's instagram and not a professional photoshoot. But if the person is super hot, it might actually just be a model who uses instagram, or a famous instagramer. I've busted like 5 people who used someone else's instagram pics on here.
- Their stories/experiences seem fake. If there's constant drama in their life and over the top things keep happening to them, chances are that they're lying. Catfishes tend to want to be someone else, or live a life that they never lived, because they feel bad about themselves. So they tend to exaggerate and lie to make their life look more fabulous/interesting. Use your common sense. Ask yourself, could this really happen in real life? What's the likelihood of something like that happening? If it seems fake, it's most likely fake.
- They keep making up excuses and acting shady in general. Whether it's them not wanting to share pictures/videos or not wanting to video chat, chances are they will come up with some lame excuse. "My webcam is broken/I don't have a webcam", "I don't feel like talking, can't we just keep writing?", "maybe later/some other day?", "I feel ugly so I don't want to take any pictures right now" etc etc.4