So im finding that a lot of people ages 18-25 aren't looking for any serious reltionships.
(When I say serious, I mean, you both want to enjoy each other for the time being to impress/seduce one another, create a close bond, and be loyal to one another.) For me a seriious relationship is ideal, because I dont want to waste time with someone I dont care about or if they dont care as much about me. I also don't want to have meaningless sex.
(which is why im in a relationship)
Instead of serious relationships, I find that it's all about having side chicks, plan b's and instant gratification with no strings attached... Which in my opinion is a careless act and lacks passion.
Typically, i'm told that it's because they are waiting till they find 'the one'...
When I think of 'the one' I think of what personalities would suite me; open minded-philosophical/intellectual, optimistic, cares about health/appearance, cares and helps others, sense of humor, outdoors man, passionate and driven to succeed.
Which isn't hard to find... So I want to know,
1) Are you in a similar situation where you dont want to be in a relationship, if so, why?
2) Is 'The One' hard for you to find? Why?
3) Are people just afraid of commitment or is sex really all thats important?
Most Helpful Girl
1) There was a point where I didn't want to be in a relationship, mainly because I was focused on school and knew I didn't have the time for anything serious. Now I am looking for something serious if the right guy comes along.
2) Very hard to find. I think it should be for most people if they're really looking for the best match. Guys that I feel have come close weren't ready or looking for a relationship.
3) I think it's a combination of fear of commitment as well as wanting to enjoy the attention of lots of people while maintaining your independence. You lose out on a deep connection this way, but it's a better option during a time in your life where you're learning about yourself and don't really have the time to give to a deeper relationship. Also for when you're learning what you like in others.3