Would you date a younger man who is as mature as an older man?

Would you date a younger man who is as mature as an older man? Assuming you both want the same things and are at the same points in your life? Such as wanting to settle down? I know it is very hard to believe but just answer. I ask this because I am currently casually dating an older woman and will soon separate from her since I want something more than casual. I may be young. However, I have graduated from college, have started a business, and am in no debt. I don't party or drink because I hate doing both. I take countless classes on communication to improve my chances at catching an older woman and becoming an effective leader in my business. I take countless steps to ensuring I can date, seduce, and attract older women but does it matter? I guess my confidence is beginning to wither a little bit because society is ALWAYS telling me it will never work out. Yet, I want to date older women. I have no shame and not the slightest amount of regret for going after what I want. What do you ladies think?

I would prefer answers from older women.
Updates:
Thank you for all of the responses. I understand that their is a gap to bridge in the relationship which is why I have been taking communication classes relentlessly. Who knows I may be fooling myself, thinking that I can bridge the gap if I learn enough from communication classes that I have been taking for three years but I am going to keep trying.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 66

• I don't think its anyones business who you decide to date. As long as you're not a minor (which you obviously aren't) you are entitled to date and be attracted to any older woman you want. Honestly, if that's your goal, since our society is dominated by norms of sorts, you're going to have to ignore what other people think and say. Build a thick skin, and don't compromise! HOORAH.

0|0
    0|0
  • You can date me. I have no qualms with younger men. Actually, I prefer younger men. As to maturity, I know 19 year old men who are more mature than most women and men in their 70s. Many women have issues with dating younger men but in the long run its your personality that matters.

1|0
    0|0
  • Age doesn't really matter to me as long as they are an adult. In fact I love younger guys, and to be honest I've dated men my age that were more immature than younger guys. I fact I have a crush on a 26 year old, and we have so much in common that it's crazy! I'd say go for it!

3|0
    0|0
  • How much older are the women you want to snare? Personally I have no qualms about dating a younger guy as long as he's not too young. 4 years younger at most? Bout some people have different preference. Just be yourself, stop trying so much or you'll come off as being sleezy. Good luck.

0|0
    0|0
  • No... anything younger than me is illegal. He'd have to have a lot going for him (which would be the equivalent of all the things I have going for me if not a tap more). Physically I haven't been attracted to younger men/guys... they will forever be "cute" like a child in my eyes.
    I'll never say never because there is a possibility that there will one day be a guy to change my mind. Though I highly doubt it.

0|0
    0|0
  • It would depend how young they're like if I were 20 and they were 16. It would be a definite no because say we were to become physical I could catch a case and its just wrong in my eyes despite any circumstance unless it was survival for the human race which I highly doubt.

0|0
    0|0
  • For some reason I've always dated younger guys for te most part. My bf is 3 years younger then me which isn't too much of a difference but still most people think that's weird. He was mature for his age when we started dating.

Either way do what you want who cares about societies standards normal people never meet them anyways. I got so much shit when I started dating my bf but after a while everyone got over it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never met one that would be mature enough but I guess you never know. Normally prefer men a few years older. There's always exceptions to the rule however. All about what connection you make. Not as much about age for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • In my experience younger men are never as mature as they think they are. Maturity comes with responsibility and experience. Younger men usually don't know what it is like to have a parent die, to take care of someone, to drive a business into the ground only to build another one back up.

I'm 31 and put off getting serious until I had my stuff in line. I've yet to meet any guy under 30 who has his stuff together unless he has a kid. Men just have a longer best if used by date so they get better with age.

2|0
    0|0
  • I have dated a younger guy who seemed more mature than ever. But after about 10 months, I started realizing he was very emotionally unstable and had some issues that older guys wouldn't typically have.

I would however date a younger women, and have with no regrets because they seem to be well adjusted. I'm fairly mature for my age as well. Because I'm 18, I would only go as low as 2 years younger. For older, my limit is 25.

Unless it's Sasha Roiz. LOL

0|0
    1|0
  • If he is really mature, yes. But it's weird to find.. maybe when a girl isn't so mature, maybe... I know one boy, who is 2 years younger than me and he was in love with me and was gehaving like a mature man. But it was just superficial behaviour. Everyone can copy someone confident of himself and think that he really is mature. But, in the end, he is not so mature as he pretends to be. So, it is a pity to see him suffer and even trying to have some revenge. This is not mature.

0|0
    0|0
  • YEP MY crush is very mature for his age, im 15 he's 13 LOL he doesn't look 13 at all he's very tall and his voice is pretty deep, seems more liek a 16 year old..

0|0
    0|0
  • I would. Actually my ex was 11 years younger than me and it was one of the most beautiful relationships I ever had. Our breaking up had nothing to do with age. As long as you want the same things out of the relationship why not?
    What I would ask though is why are you so decided on only dating older women? From your post it seems you are not at all interested in women your age group

0|0
    0|0
    • Well, I do not want to have kids. Most women my age are still starting their careers and attempting to settle down. My life has stabilized meaning, I have gone to college, started my business and am very close to buying a house and intend on working the rest of my life till retirement. This may sound arrogant but, since I have taken so many classes on communication and work really hard to get become a better communicator, "when I want to be one", I sometimes feel like younger women are not understand my communication tactics.

At first I thought it was me, who was a bad communicator. Then I started dating older women and things changed radically. I finally felt like I had someone that understood me. So I began dating older women and most of them seem to understand each other. There a some older women that don't but the vast majority do. In short, women my age are typically not at the same point in life as I am.

• The spelling errors are a result of my bad typing skills

• I understand. Well, then go for it. Age is just a number and if you both are on the same page... who cares what other people think about you as long as you are exactly where you want to be?
      Also, one of my guy friends is married with a woman 14 years older. They have a beautiful relationship and he is as happy as can be.

• i have always liked guys a few years older than me because of maturity. However, the guy im dating is 23 days younger than me lol but he acts mature. My mind is not in a 20 year old girl my mind im 28 I mean maturity wise.

0|0
    0|0
  • if you are both mature in mind AND in body 'if you know what I mean' ;) and financially stable then YES you should have the confidence to go for older women. :)
    i'm cheering you on!!<3

0|0
    0|0
  • I always thought I would, but in practice it would always mess with my mind and I never could.
    IF, today, you ask me this question, the farthest I'd go is 4 years younger.

0|0
    0|0
  • I know you want opinions from older ladies, but my close friend is 29 and her boyfriend is 22. He makes her very happy, and they have a healthy mature relationship. Life goals!

0|0
    0|0
  • Personally it depends. For me nothing under like 2 years at the most. But im attracted to older me. Like to their physical apperence. But thats just me

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I would date a younger man.

In fact I am :-) my fiance is 6 years younger

0|0
    0|0
  • Emotional age matters more than the actual age, so yes!

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes