Why do some guys have so many female friends but no relationship?

And never have had one?

27

Most Helpful Girl

• Because having a guy friend is different from having a boyfriend. And maybe he isn't interested in dating.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• To be quite frank, I wish I knew exactly, because that's how I am: I have lots of girl friends, but have never had a girlfriend. :( Sure, I know it's up to the guy to ask the girl out, but unless I am somewhat certain that she's interested in me as well, I don't want to ask her out. Fear of rejection? I guess that's probably it. It's easier (and safer) to befriend a girl than to ask them out, point blank. Besides, who doesn't want to be friends as well as lovers with their significant other? The only problem here is that girls put us in "the friend zone" when we befriend them, and they pretty much keep us there, even if we get the courage to ask them out later (I've tried and failed at that a few times.) So, I guess what I'm saying is that it if you want to ask a girl out, there's a small window of time to do it in: when you've first met and she's flirting back because you're new and exciting. Anytime after that, if you haven't asked her out, it's probably too late. She's already filed you away as a "friend" in her mind and is looking elsewhere. :( I think I just solved my own problem! Lol

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE