I am single again after a long relationship and I am rusty on the first date thing. To be honest I am a little nervous, afraid of the awkward silences. So I am looking for a little first date advice to easy my nerves (besides be yourself).
So the question ladies and gentleman, what kind of things make for a good first date, in your opinion? What kind of things have put you at easy and made the date a good time. Everyone's different, so I know there is not just one answer, so let the ideas fly.
Most Helpful Girl
I can tell you what makes a date crummy:
1. Spilling your guts about serious matters that involve you in the misguided belief you need to get everything out there.
2. Asking a bunch of big questions, like "Why are you single?", "What are you looking for in a relationship?" or the biggest date killer of them all "So, how are you finding dating?".
3. Swapping horror stories about bad dates.
4. Talking about your recent break-up or past relationships.
5. Talking about yourself and not asking your date anything.
It seems too many first dates, as we get older, are taken so seriously and people feel like they have to use it as an opportunity to figure out if both of you are right for each other. Instead, see if you can find mutual subjects that seem to generate interest from your date and don't make the date too long. Keep it lighthearted and avoid topics that are too serious. You are trying to elicit some sort of spark of romantic interest, not solve the problems of the world together.4
- Show AllShow Less