Guys, do guys care if the girl they date is taller than them?

I have seen quite a few guys on here ask if girls care about height. I would like to know the opposite.
Updates:
I agree. im 5'9" and i dont see a problem dating someone shorter than me
sorry ignore that last update, it was supposed to be a comment

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm on the short side, but I have no problem dating women taller than me. Why let something as insignificant as that keep you from finding the love of your life?

1|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 70

• No, I don't care for height. She can be 7 inches taller than me and I still wouldn't care.

1|0
    0|0
  • uhm maybe a bit
    i have dated a girl my height 6ft and that was one hell of an experience lol!

but... taller than 6' yeah but only if i was really into her
    I dont care too much, as long as she isn't the starting center for The LA Sparks lol

1|0
    0|0
  • No. I'm like 5'9" and I dated a girl who was a 6'4" basketball player and she wore heels. I thought it was pretty G. She was really hot it was cool. She actually told me that even though I was several inches shorter than she was, my personality was dominant and that intimidated her and turned her on. I came to completely forget about the height difference.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm 5'7 and I wouldn't mind dating a girl taller than me, though tall girls tend to avoid me like the plague. However, I do have a strong preference for really short girls like 5'1 and below, don't know why I just tend to be much more attracted to girls of that height.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's a little bothersome for me. I guess if you were real thin and we connected real well I'd give it a chance, but it's not the type I would approach.

If you approached me, we talked for a bit and I thought you were cool and then you asked me out I would accept. Hell, if I began to really like you through conversation I might ask you out again.

I've met girls that to me would pass as maybe a 4/10 end up looking like 7/10s to me at the end of the night simply because of their personality.

0|0
    0|1
  • I'm 5'3", and I couldn't possibly care less about a superficial feature such as height. I've known girls who've had crushes on me ranging from 4'10" to 5'10". If she doesn't care, then I won't either. I also think it's pretty hot when other guys see me with a tall blue-eyed, blonde beauty and probably think to themselves, "damn! He slayed that amazon, and he probably keeps slaying her every night!".

0|0
    0|1
  • No, it doesn't matter to me if they are taller. I'm over 5'10 so it doesn't come up all that often, but it can.

I do find that I have slightly more stringent physical standards for women taller than me though. I don't like that I do, but I do. If they are taller than me I generally prefer them to have a slighter frame. The height isn't the issue. But if they are really tall AND have a really wide frame.. big boned... then I have a harder time. The overall mass is just a bit too much. A girl that is 6'2 or something, but with a narrow frame would be fine. A girl that was 6'2 but with a massive frame... I would be less attracted to. Not so much that it would be a dealbreaker, but it would take a larger amount of other positive traits.

1|0
    0|0
  • most guys do not want a woman taller then them.
    Most women, from what I have read and heard, want a man that is taller then them.
    so it tends to work out.
    but everyone is different. so you just never know.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some guys might feel weird about dating a girl who is taller than them. I'm pretty tall so I guess I've never thought about it

1|0
    0|0
  • If that means her boobs are at the level of my face, no problem whatsoever.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think most women want taller men so being shorter is a severe disadvantage. Dating a taller woman might be a blow to your ego if you're short but I dont think many would mind.

I personally prefer shorter girls, Im not sure how I'd feel about a woman taller than me but since I am 6' tall there aren't many.

0|0
    0|0
  • Things like height weight should not make a difference if you enjoy spending time with them
    In some case a tall lady can be very good
    All have ways to keep you happy

1|0
    0|0
  • Sure they do
    Trust me lots of my friends are fixed on height
    But there are exceptions, for instance it turns me on when girl is taller than me which is rare considering me being 6'1
    + u are young so we are talking about teenagers here not men XD

0|0
    0|0
  • No I wouldn't see it as a problem to date a taller woman

1|0
    0|0
  • No problem at all. Its about the person, not their height. Im short, most women are already taller than me :/, but would a tall woman date a short guy is the question. Almost every girl I've spoken to said they want tall guys

0|0
    0|0
  • i have no problem dating taller or shorter women.

if they are super tall the first date will be to a place where we can slow dance. my face will be right at the sweet spot... it's gonna be a long night... hahahaha

0|0
    0|0
  • No men do not give a shit about a woman's height. Men have very basic requirements for women. Don't be fat, or a bitch.. Basically it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm 5'6 I've always figured the woman prefers a man taller than her. Which doesn't work to my advantage. I wish more women wouldn't care about that. I just want someone fun to be with.

0|0
    0|0
  • If it was a couple of inches I wouldn't mind. If they were a half a foot taller than I probaby wouldn't

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm 6'1, but would have no issues if she was taller than me, would be a shame to pass up a great match over height.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes