Would you ever date someone against your parents wishes?

If you really wanted to date someone, but your parents objected to it, would you still date them or no?
  • I would stop dating that person
  • I would still date that person
  • It really depends.. . and please expalin why
    Vote C
and please if you can say how your relationship is with your parents. good? bad?

11459

Most Helpful Girl

• I have very strong feelings for someone who my family does not really approve of me wanting to be with. He has very strong feelings for me, but due to some reasons that I don't really care to explain at the moment we cannot be together. If it weren't for those reasons, I would be dating him even if my parents didn't want me to. They think I could do better and truthfully, I probably could, but I don't want anyone else but him. I don't really care what my parents/my family say. It's not that they dislike him, but they don't think he's the right guy for me. It's a long story, haha.

Of course, my family, especially my mother, is very good at detecting things/certain traits on people I date. My last boyfriend was a terrible one and although my family did not tell me that they disapproved of him, I found out later after I broke up with him that my mother was not too pleased with him. I've begun to realize that my mother is usually right about her assumptions of people, especially guys that I date and I am a lot more open-minded to listening to what she has to say when it comes to guys that I date.