Girls, would you ever date a man child? And what exactly makes a man a man child?

I'm referring to guys over 21.

I asked this question, because people often guess I'm 17 and not 19, but they usually tell me that I think way too far ahead : I think about building a decent career, do internships to see what the occupation might be like, I'm getting my driver's license to become more independent, I tutor high school kids , etc.

Nonetheless, I've been told to make a gentleman deal with this side of me and to better throw it away because I'm allegedly too young to worry about these things.

14

Most Helpful Girl

• I "dated" a man child for almost 9 months. He was 34 going on 17. I finally had to get out. I wouldn't wish that on anybody.

• I'm 19 and the opposite of a man child ^^ I'm not even done growing yet at 6'3 :O

• What? Seriously? Is he stupid? I even have a 10 year plan and am already working on it ! I got out of high school this year in March ! Even when I was just 12 years old, I began to teach myself English because I wanted to emigrate to the US one day to achieve more than it would be ever possible in Germany. And if I hadn't done that, and hadn't had this insight, I couldn't be going the way I'm going now ! Looks like I'm going to study at one of the world's top 100 colleges ! Omg though!

• I can relate. Horrible.

What Girls Said 13

• well 99.999999% of men are like that... if anybody says no to that, then they're gonna have a hard time finding a partner D:

• I dated my recent ex for 4 years and he was a man child. His mom always hovered over him and he had to please her at all times. He was cool as fuck but he basically never grew up and when he had to he complained about it. SO NO, I wouldn't do it again, it was horrible.

• I'm 19 and I'm more independent from my mom than some 30 something when I look at many of them. My mom has no say when it comes to my matters.

• Thats not a man child. A man child is just that.
      A "MAN" that still acts like a child.
      you're just mature,
      that's good.
      I'm 21 and people think im 16. haha its ok though, women like mature guys :)

• I'd been texting a 16 year old girl until a few days ago, and she dumped me because of a stupid misunderstanding, that was so immature of her :O

• Wouldn't prefer it.

• No I would not.

• No. I don't want to babysit a grown man.

• Isn't that almost every man

• No. I would definitely not.

• I'm glad I've just gotten out of my ex-man child! You can easily get blinded by nice, easy-going and funny men like him BUT beware : You aren't going anywhere with this guy!

Happy go lucky, no goals, coward, SELFISH, half-assed, scared of responsibilities, indecisive, doesn't keep his word, inconsistent AND unreliable!!!

They are usually disguised as being likable BUT they are definitely NOT for the long term!!!

• No. I have and didn't enjoy it. A man child is a guy that is really immature; doesn't take responsibilities for his actions, can be selfish, it's "his way or the highway", very whiny, petty, complains and blames everything on anyone else. This can happen at any age, he could be 80 and still acts like this.

• I did and we broke up, couldn't take the immaturity any more. Never again

• May I ask how old he was? Could you imagine that a 17 or 18 year old girl would prefer a 20 or 21 year old guy respectively?

• I was 24 he was 23
      When I was 17 or 18 I guess my priorities were different or I was inexperienced. But I didn't really care if a guy was my age or older

• Body of a man, mind of a child = manchild

• So do you mean, if i'm younger? I would date an older guy,

• Nope. It's someone who is immature.