How do I break the touch barrier with my boyfriend?

I've been dating this guy for about three weeks. He is my first boyfriend and I'm really shy around him. We've kissed a few times and we held hands once at the cinema. But that's it. When we go out with or without our friends, he doesn't hold my hands or touch me or anything and I really want him to do it. I really like this guy and I want to be able to hug him and hold his hand and touch him and show him what I feel but I don't know how. I need advice. How do I break the touch barrier?
(By the way, I'm from Spain and I'm still learning English . I'm sorry for the grammar or spelling mistakes.)

16

Most Helpful Guy

• guess he's shy being around u in public then?

• But how do I make him feel comfortable around me when we're with more people? I mean, I don't want him to feel weird and I don't want to scare him or make him freak out if I hold his hand or something and I never know when to do it

• did u ask him y he's shy in public then?

What Guys Said 5

• Hug him in public, start all the kissing stuff more often privately and then slowly work your way to kisses on the hand, cheek, lips in public after a month or so. Chances are he wants to as well so the moment you start feeling for him he'll likely open up.

• Punch him. If he asks why you did that, just say you were trying to break the touch barier and you didn't expect it to be so thin.

• If/when HE is comfortable with that, he will decide what the next step is (with your approval, of course). You don't want to do anything too forward or that would cause him to feel uncomfortable. And your English is better than some natives here!

• Okay, thank you so much. We're going on a date this Friday , I'll wait to see what happens. And, oh, thank you. That means a lot, I'm trying my best at learning English

• when you go out, casually brush into him, or touch his arm lightly when you are saying something. if he tightens up or pulls back, he doesn't want to break the barrier, but he'll gradually become more comfortable. the same thing works for girls

• I think you've broken it.

• Do you? Oh, why? Why doesn't he hold my hand or touch me? I'm confused

What Girls Said 1

• Initiate things on your own. Start touching him more. He probably needs some time to feel comfortable around you in order to initiate more things.