I have heard many things from guys and girls who I dont know if they are still old fashion and dont like to break rules, they are young but like to follow old rules or they believe that if a person break the rules it makes them a bad, rude or impolite person.
I dont know what is the issue or big deal regarding this when it comes to the woman in particular:
1. Is not correct a woman ask a man out, becaues that is a men's role
2. Is not appropriate if a woman invites a guy (not all the time of course) even to invite the guy for his birthday becaue it means the guy is taking advantage of the situation by letting a woman pay his food.
3. If the woman and the guy it is just getting to know each other and had been just on a first date and in the first date the guy paid you, the woman should not invite the guy for a second date and each one has to pay on their own.
4. The first date should be taken place in a cheap place because they are just getting to know each other and only when they are more serious or at least in more dates, the place to eat could be upgraded to a more chic place ( it does not have to be so expensive but better)
5. The woman should not call the guy first, let the guy do that, even if the girl has to wait for his call.
I mean I understand there are several guys roles that only guys can do and I do agree on that but there are others that in modern times had changed and they are not longer a guy thing unless the guy is uncomfortable and wants to keep his gender role intact to woo the lady. Why a woman can woo a guy instead?
I met this guy and we went out on the first date 3 wks ago, he paid, now we are going to the second date and he even told me it was my time to treat him and Im going to treat him, and people are telling me (even some guys in their 40) I should not be doing that, we should split the bill or each one pay on our own because it is too soon since we are just knowing each other. We are not teenager we are in our 40's and I work.
Really guys do you feel bad or feel powerless or less manly that a woman in these modern times perform the roles that once were done only by you regardless of how old was the guy?
Girls Wil you do that or still will keep a guy to perform his men's roles and you will never take the initiative?
Most Helpful Guy
I have not really gone with the old school rules. I ask out women and I have been asked out. Often we split the check on the first date. I don't particularly care who calls or texts first. If I really like the woman I don't mind picking a more expensive place for the first date.
Its up to you whether or not to spilt the bill on the second. I don't like the rotational pay (he, she, he, she) outside of a relationship. When getting to know someone I rather split the bill till the point where I really think I could go out with her long term.
Its okay for a woman to woo the guy. Its the 21st century.
Sorry for rambling. Your are an independent woman in the 21st century. Do what is most comfortable for you. Follow your own code.0