OK so there were these 2 girls that I showed interest in. These instance are about a month apart but had similar situations. The 1st girl I talked to her a lot. we IM, we worked together so we talked a lot at work and even got in trouble for not doing our work, made her laugh a lot, then when I asked her if she would like to go out and have a good time, she stopped talking to me. The 2nd girl I made her laugh a lot, we txt, IM, actually go out to hang out with each other, and I'm actually good friends with her best friend, but when I told her that I'm getting feelings for her and asked if her if she would like to try and date me, she said no. So I have no idea what the hell I'm doing wrong? I was very respectful and chivalrous to both of them. All you girls said you like a guy with character and sense of humor but none of those girls are interested in me. does the whole good guys finish last apply here?
Most Helpful Guy
(IMO) you are approaching too soon to appear clingy / obsessive
Example: You know this girl for two weeks, and ASK her to date you.
I recommend trying the following:
1) Find a girl that is interesting
2) Start casual conversations that are sincere (don't interrogate her, or void her personal space)
3) Give her your contact information and a reason to call (Here's my number, call me and we'll meet up for that movie)
4) Wait for her to call, still be YOURSELF. Don't stop talking to her or acting wierd, keep your composure
5) Whether or not she calls, do what you said you were going to do (go to the movie)
6) Follow up
- If she showed up; mention how much fun it was, and how there is another thing to enjoy (nearby concert, a good restaurant etc)
- If she didn't follow up, find something to talk about with her, don't ask her why she didn't show. That's her business because you two aren't dating. Plus - she's misisng out on dating you ;-)
7) Make your own decision
- Do you want to date her? Yes or No. There is no inbetween
8) Act on it. A good rule of thumb is to wait 2-4 weeks before dating.
9) BE WHO YOU ARE, don't hide sh*t or beat around the bush - if you don't like her and she is clingy, politely let her at ease by saying you are not interested but you have enjoyed ___ about being around her. If she continues to pursue you - clearly say "i am not interested in dating you, but I'm flattered, thank you"
Be yourself man, we can't tell when you try to hide things ;-)
Any other questions - message me or ask other members here =)
Best regards and good luck,
- Show AllShow Less