How tall is TOO tall?

I am 5'8 and he is 6'5. Is that too much? Even when I wear heels, I am only up to his ears but so far, I haven't worn flats around him. I think I might be intimidated if I did because I think I will only be up to his shoulders 😟 All the guys I've dated or crushed on before were shorter than me or around my height.

• He's too tall for you.
  • No, it's fine!

58

Most Helpful Guy

• I remember a study that found that the average height difference women preferred for a guy was 8 inches taller than them. You're a tall girl that found a tall guy, you should feel lucky. Most tall girls whine about not getting a tall enough guy.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I'm not that tall, but because I'm Asian I guess I am kind of tall for an Asian girl! Yeah, I like shorter guys but I decided to give tall guys a try. Thing is taller guys tend to be perverts and short guys are persistent and insecure sometimes. Why do some women under 5' want a guy over 6'? I know a friend who is 5'6 and he wanted to date a 4'11 girl but got rejected because she found him too short! Even though he was a lot taller than her! This is ridiculous! Is it because genetics are trying to average out each other?

• Average height for girls here is 5'4, it'd be even shorter for Asians. You're more than 4 inches taller than average. The male equivalent is 6'2+ (male average being 5'10) and 6'2 is obviously regarded by almost all people as tall. So yeah, you are tall.

Your preferences are unusual, most girls prefer taller guys, but of course there will be outliers with a species with as much genetic variance as ours. And probably yeah, I've talked to short girls that say they want a tall guy so their kids aren't short.

Most Helpful Girl

• My boyfriend is his height and you have 4 inches on me. No such thing as too tall.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • But 5'4 is the average height for a woman. What I am concerned about is women under 5' that won't give my 5'-5'6 guys a chance. Aren't they shallow? These guys are already taller than them so why do they want a 6' over guy? I find that only taller women tend to give shorter guys a chance.

• Height is universally attractive. Can't help it. It's like asking if it's shallow to only find fit people attractive/more attractive than larger people.