How do you respond to that lovely question, "why are you still single"?

I hate this question!

2430

Most Helpful Guy

• I've been single literally my entire life, so responding to this question is pretty much a full time job. Here is how I've responded over the years.

Between the ages of ten to twelve years old: Believe it or not, I would have people ask me why I didn't have a girlfriend yet, even at this age. I would tell me it's because nobody liked me (I had a low self-esteem as a kid.)

Ages 13 and 14: When I was in my Jr. High years, my self-esteem had skyrocketed and I was confident. I still had people asking me if I was single and I told people it was because I had bad luck so far (which is true to an extent.) To be honest, I was socially awkward at this age (at least in MY opinion.) I would tell girls I like to masturbate right when I would meet them (I was a weirdo lol.)

Ages 15-18: Ok, so I'm no longer socially awkward and I thought I had everything going. Yet, I still had no luck. I would respond and tell people it was because I wasn't a privileged, popular student (and that was true.) I stick by to this reason to this day.

Aged 19 to present day: After I started college, I quit worrying and giving a crap. I still faced countless rejections. To this day, I tell people a BIG reason I'm single is because I don't have money and women in my age group are often superficial about how much money a guy makes. Of course, this stirs up controversy and people try to argue with me but I don't care. I won't change my mind regardless. I also think it's because I'm smarter and more confident than most people I know and girls are intimidated by that.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl