Guys, would you date a feminist?

• Yes
  • No

35

Most Helpful Guy

• No... Couldn't be bothered with that shit.

Me - ''Hey, What do you want to eat?''
    Her - ''What, Did you think i would fucking cook you something ?''
    Me - ''No, i was just aski...''
    Her - ''I AM A FUCKING STRONG, AND INDEPENDENT WOMAN SO DONT GIVE ME THAT!''
    Me - ''Ok...''

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

What Guys Said 34

• I'm not interested in girls, but be them male or female, I wouldn't date someone who wasn't a feminist. Let's not confuse feminists with their more extreme counterparts. Feminists only want females to be treated equally. If you think girls are equal to guys, you're a feminist.

• That's like saying if you agree with social equality you're a communist. Feminism is an advocacy movement, ideology cannot be solely represented in the real world.

• It's actually the same of what you wrote. Social equality is a thing, and communism is the extremist view on it. You're not a communist if you believe in social equality, and neither are you a misandrist if you are a feminist.

• You've twisted my analogy into fallacy though. Feminism is a minority group, yet equality advocacy is a majority group. For example, 53% of people in the UK aren't feminist but believe in equality between genders. Only around 25% of the population are feminist. Since feminism is the manifestation of an ideology (therefore, a movement), it is entirely represented by the loudest voices following the movement. At the moment the loudest voices of feminism are the "extreme counterparts", hence why there's such a negative reaction to it. Feminism is by definition an advocacy movement for women. So my question to you would be, why should I be a feminist, when I can follow the majority and believe in equality without feminism, and not be tainted by a counter productive movement?

• As long as she didn't try to make me feel like shit for being born with a penis, complain about the wage gap myth that has been disproved time and time again, acknowledged the fact that men have legitimate sexist problems of our own, and actually advocated for men's rights too, then yeah I would.

• Admittedly I'm a little skeptical of girls who make a point to identify as a feminist. I think its possible to support equal rights for both genders without identifying as a feminist.

Now I realize someone will probably make some snarky comment like "you dumb mysoginist! why don't you look up the dictionary definition of Feminism!"

To which I'll say there is a difference between the dictionary definition of a movement and the ACTUAL ACTIONS of that movement. You could have two self identified feminists who believe in equality between the sexes but they could have completely different views about what that equality entails and how to go about achieving that equality.

Also I rarely ever see feminists talk about male issues, sure they'll preach support about stupid social issues like "guys should be able to cry and wear dresses without judgment. However they never seem to talk about more important issues like paternity fraud, lack of male reproductive rights, men being forced to pay child support for kids that aren't theirs, unfair divorce rulings, and that the majority of homeless people are men.

So whether or not I'd date a feminist really depends on the individual, what they believe and how they act. I'll take it case by case.

• Probably not, I'll have to see what type of feminist she is, but I'd prefer someone that wants equal rights for all, you know, someone that will fight for her boyfriend just as much as her boyfriend is willing to fight for her.

• Depends on what you mean by feminist. People describe first-wave and third-wave feminists (U. S. feminist movements) as just "feminist." If she were the former and a bit of a second-wave feminist, I'd be totally fine with it because I'd consider myself one, as well. If she's third-wave (or what some call "modern" feminist), then absolutely not.

• An original feminists sure they were awesome humanitarian women and overall good people, these ones we have today, hell no.

• I am staunchly anti-feminist and write a LOT about gender issues. I have a Facebook page that is mostly about police and feminist excesses. Yet I would possibly date one, as I believe in open minds. I listen and learn and as long as she feels the same way, then sure we could date.

• 0|1
  • Any self-respecting woman is a feminist, and I would date nothing else. Of course I wouldn't date just any feminist, considering most people are just uninteresting and most often annoying and dumb, and unattractive.

• Depending on which wave of femenism she subscribes to, yes.

• There is no way I could date someone with such views at life.

• Sure, as long as she's not crazy and actually just wants equal rights for women, and not the kind who wants lordship over men.

• Depends.

An actual feminist, one who believes in equality for all? Yes.

A feminazi, one who secretly hates men, goes on about crap like "the patriarchy", believes Anita Sarkeesian is a good feminist, and that sort of rubbish? Hell no.

• A woman identifying as a feminist wouldn't be an obstacle to a relationship.

• it depends of how hardcore she is. a bit feminist is okay... but everything has a limit. And, sadly, most are past this point...

• Only if they are not rabid manhaters who think all sex is rape. That stuff is just not healthy.

• Date - may be (but not preferred)
    Marry - No, unless she is amazing (still not preferred)

• I would prefer not to be told to "check my privileged" constantly. But that's just me.

• Ya, just for the fun of making her look like a hypocrite.

• I see them as trouble makers. It's not about equality

• More from Guys
    14