Is it worth it to be in a relationship with a hippie woman for a guy like myself?

Just curious. I am an 19 year old guy who made recently made friends with a hippie college girl. Me and here are fully aware that we clearly have different viewpoints (me agreeing with some of the wars that the US has fought while she doesn't believe in war in general as the best solution to protect the US) but she still likes me for who I am and I think I like her in return. I find her physically attractive (beautiful face, nice body shape). However, the one big problem with us being potentially in a relationship is that I come from a very proud military family and I don't know if my family will like her or even tolerate her being with me.

• Yes
  • No

14

Most Helpful Girl

• Flower powerโœŒ๐ŸŒธโœŒ๐ŸŒบโœŒ๐ŸŒผโœŒ๐ŸŒธโœŒ
    I'm a hippie also๐Ÿ˜Š
    I say date her. She will show you a different way of looking at life. It'll be beautiful

• If I ever do introduce her to my family, I'm just hoping that she never meets my uncle, who's a Vietnam Veteran that suffered from severe PTSD and a deep hatred for hippies based on his personal experience with them (being pelted with rocks by them) during the time of the Vietnam War. He will most likely scare her off with his aggressiveness and hostility toward hippies.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's VERY important for you two's political views to align.
    Say... if she's an evangelical Christian and you are a humanist.
    Well things won't work out too well.

People hate talking about politics but it's probably because people wants to see what they want to see instead of what's actually there.

• Sounds naive of me to say this but I know that there must be a way for a relationship between me and her to work out well. If I ever do introduce her to my family, I'm just hoping that she never meets my uncle, who's a Vietnam Veteran that suffered from severe PTSD and a deep hatred for hippies based on his personal experience with them (being pelted with rocks by them). He will most likely scare her off with his aggressiveness and hostility toward hippies.

• Cautiously optimistic would be the attitude you're looking for.
      We all have weird uncles , just warn her beforehand and let it take its course.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Guys Said 3

• You won't know until you try and it is you and her that have to make a go of it not your family.

• I'm an anarchist and my partner is a liberal and devout nationalist and it works fine.

• I will never understand the military family dynamic... you can give it a try, but I would butt heads too often if I were in the situation I think, I purposely avoid people of both genders in the services...