Would you date a guy/girl if they had a kid?

I'm just curious what people think.

3032

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes I would kids or not. If she has a good heart. Why not

What Girls Said 30

• Of course! I actually like/am talking to a guy currently who has a kid. I get it's hard for some people, but no one should be put in a situation were it comes down to their kid. If you like them so what if they have a kid? Plus, I put myself in their situation. What if I had a kid? Would I really want someone to be like nope, sorry you have a kid.

• Maybe. I really depends. I hope (no offense if you have a kid and are in the dating game again) that I won't get myself into that experience. Having my own kids is going to be tough enough and I really don't feel like dealing with the baby mama/ex-wife. I

• I first wouldn't. but now that we are older its more acceptable. I learned that having kids has nothing to do with what kind of person the man is. the thought of a kid and a cazy ex is a bit scary but the men usually turn out to be such good guys, and its not the kids fault.

• Honestly I'd be hesitant. Mainly because I despise drama and if his ex wants to start drama because her child will have another mother figure around.. I just don't want to cause trouble. Plus he needs to father his child and I don't ever want him to put me over his child.

• I don't think I can. It's like getting yourself into someone else's problem; dealing with someone else's relationship problems. I wouldn't want to deal with a child that isn't mind, especially if the ex is still involved in the kid's life.

• At my age, pretty much all commitment minded men are divorced or widowed and if they ever wanted kids, they already have them. Frankly, I love my boyfriend's kids, and I find his responsible fathering to be part of what's so damn sexy about him.

• Of course! I love my boyfriend's son.
    His father told me he he told his mother I was beautiful :/
    I'm not keen on meeting his mother anytime soon :p

• No. I just wouldn't feel up for it nor comfortable to play that kind of an important role for someone who already has a biological mother in touch that plays that role for them.

• I don't have kids nor do I want them, so it would be disappointing to find out a guy I liked had kids. Kids bring baby mama drama, and child support. Ugh, no thanks.

• I think having a kid makes a guy more readable. Does he love his child and take care of them, or does he neglect them? How hard does he work to meet their needs? It's actually rather nice.

• Yes, I would. Cause I love kids, but I think the only thing that will worry me... Is will they like me?

• Well the kittens will like you. No worries there ;)

• Yes, you areeee :p

• Me = luuuuurve older men = I have + I do :)

Note: I never want to meet my dates children though, despite them asking me to.

• Nope, not at this point in my life. I love kids, but I wouldn't date a guy with a kid for a few reasons:

1) I don't want an instant family.

2) His ex is likely still involved in his life because of the kid, and that has the potential to cause a lot of problems.

3) Kids are expensive and I wouldn't want to potentially invest financially in a kid that's not mine. If I was older and had more money to support a kid living with us, then yeah I wouldn't have an issue.

4) The kid potentially not liking me could have a negative effect on the relationship.

5) Can't go on spontaneous dates or short vacations without planning first.

There's nothing inherently wrong or bad about single dads. But I'd have to be honest with myself and him in this situation.

• Personally, I wouldn't because I do not want kids myself.. so the last thing I want is an insta-family.

• I dated a guy with a little girl. I feel that as long as they are honest with you throughout the relationship and if you really care for them that shouldn't be an issue. :)

• Maybe not at this point in my life, but in the future, yeah, I think I would.

• I don't see why I wouldn't. I like kids so I'd be ok with it. .3.

• Been there. It was horrible. Probably because i was only 17 but i will never do it again

• It isn't my intention, but if he happens to be a genuine guy then nothing isn't really off limits.

• it depends on a lot of things tbh

• More from Girls
    10

What Guys Said 31

• I have done it when I was younger. You should insist that you not meet their child unless/until your relationship is very well established. Little kids get attached very easily and it is unfair to a child to get attached to a guy and then have it taken away because of something the grownups did.

• I used to not be, but after getting to know some with kids I'm much more open to it.

• No, I don't see the point in helping raise a kid or pay for a kid that isn't mine. My personal choice. Yeah you could say "Hey you don't even have to help" but if you date the girl or guy long enough eventually you will have to pay for something for the kid. Plus baby daddy or baby momma drama is not something I'd want to be apart of.

• Yeah I would, as long as the kid's father won't be a problem.

One of my biggest dreams is to be a father one day, but I only have at most about a 40% chance of it happening (I had an orchiopexy done waaaay late, when I was 14), so it would actually work out in my favor. It would be even more of a plus if the kid happens to look anything like me. :)

• No.
    Not really.
    Well... they basically will have to breathe horse strength pheromones and have the charisma of Tina Fey.
    static.stereogum.com/.../tina-fey.jpg

Well... Tina Fey is hawt.
    So yeah... okay... now my resolve is swaying...
    okay maybe...

OKAY FINE!
    ONLY IF SHE'S TINY FEY!

• I did when I was pass 40 , its sometimes not so bad, sometimes difficult , not that its the kid (s) that is making it difficult , I've been with 5 woman who still had kids at home, some younger, most were teenagers, in most instance I had less problems with them then she did , but she is the one that had to discipline them and it was not always pretty with teenagers

• I wouldn't mind hooking up with a girl who had a kid because why let that stop you from having fun lol. But i would not want to date her, be seen with her and her kid, or anything else. Just coming over and screwing her and then leaving.

• Well I'm 21 and i wouldn't date older women, and dating a person my age with a child would give me the wrong idea about them tbh

• I would but the kids should be small. Otherwise I have seen people getting complicated. And only when I am 40 above and a widower.

• No, I could not.

1. It's hard enough to get time to try to start a relationship if you just have a regular job, much less a job and a child.

2. Who wants a constant reminder of that person's past lover, and the high likelihood that person is still involved in your date's life?

3. You can end up legally owing child support for that child in the USA.

4. You will never be that kids parent, nor will you ever be number one in that girl's life. She already has her number one, that kid, and you're in second place at bet. That's a pretty bad footing to start a relationship on.

5. Why date a parent when there's so many childless girls out there?

• No. I don't want to pick up where someone else left off.

• Honestly, no I wouldn't. I'd rather have my own kids.

• At my age, no I wouldn't.

• Nope. Instant dealbreaker.

• No, never.

• Nope. If it isn't mine I'm not dealing with it.

• Nope. (^_^)

• Yes, I would.

• Nope not interested in raising children.

• lmfao no way

• More from Guys
    11