I didn't but I considered it once or twice. My ex wasn't being faithful and something told me to leave him for this guy who would treat me right. Yet, I felt trapped and stayed with the cheater instead. I knew I made a mistake, but I felt that it would look bad to leave one for the other. In a weird way, I'd feel like a cheater.
- No, but I considered it.Vote A
- Yes, I broke up with someone for someone else.Vote B
- Every day I regret that I gave up a good man/woman for a piece of ass.Vote C
- Break up with someone for someone else? No way! Thats what cheating is for: The best of Both Worlds 😜Vote D
- No, I could never. I wouldn't even consider it.Vote E
- I want/wanted to, but I feel/felt trapped.Vote F
- Instead, someone broke up with ME, for someone else.Vote G
Most Helpful Guy
Technically that IS what cheating is for, but one could argue that it is not the most optimal way of handling the situation...
The difficult part about that of course is actually finding a second person to break up for. If the relationship really is on the verge of decay, it may even fall apart BEFORE you find the alternative person to replace the current partner with.
Possible causes could be communication problems, emotional immaturity, sexual incompatibility, etc.0
Most Helpful Girl
I broke up with a previous boyfriend for someone (we didn't go straight in to a relationship after the break up). The second person just understood me and connected with me so much more, there was compatibility. There was a lot of bad history with the boyfriend I left, he'd cheated a couple of times but kept pleading that it was a mistake so when someone else who was honest and genuine came along although I felt harsh I knew it was the right decision to leave.
I'd been dumped by someone for someone else, one of his friends asked him why and the guys response was "the new girlfriend was hotter". Ouch.1